Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 yds, was quite feasible to average, after a bit of practice, with M36 Smith .38 and an upside down ankle rig that I made for it. Had to have a "garter" that suspended it from above the calf, Used a thumbsnap AND a tension welt to secure it. However, VIOLENT activity would still let the gun hit the deck. I once launched a really strenuous side thrust kick at a really vicious dog's head, right downtown in Litchfield, ILL, and the damned .38 went bouncing down the sidewalk. Dog took off, but I had to retrieve the gun and slink back to the gunshop I was working in. :) Gave up on the ankle rig idea, on the spot. A "right side up" ankle rig is so slow, if you have time to access it, you could have just tackled the guy and twisted his head around.(ie, 2.5 seconds or more)

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
andy said:
5 yds, was quite feasible to average, after a bit of practice, with M36 Smith .38 and an upside down ankle rig that I made for it. Had to have a "garter" that suspended it from above the calf, Used a thumbsnap AND a tension welt to secure it. However, VIOLENT activity would still let the gun hit the deck. I once launched a really strenuous side thrust kick at a really vicious dog's head, right downtown in Litchfield, ILL, and the damned .38 went bouncing down the sidewalk. Dog took off, but I had to retrieve the gun and slink back to the gunshop I was working in. :) Gave up on the ankle rig idea, on the spot. A "right side up" ankle rig is so slow, if you have time to access it, you could have just tackled the guy and twisted his head around.(ie, 2.5 seconds or more)
Those dog's really bother you don't they, John.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
In a lifetime of not RUNNING from challenges, I've had to deal with dozens of such, dogs,men, etc. I always managed, andwill continue to do so. Pussies like you just run.

Like BOTH times you DID back down to the cops after escaping? That's not to mention the original arrest(s) where you backed down from the challenge. All your talk of how you're going to ambush people, fight them off, etc, falls on deaf ears, since you had many chances to do so, and you wussed out, not once, but every time.

So why not give up the criminal life and try being a human instead of a liar?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Anybody know what a curbing is? Thats what somebody, maybe a tough little guy, is gonna give you someday GK. Probably for shooting his dog. You had better cool it big fella or one day you'll have a stroke.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
andy said:
yeah, where you gonna FIND a dozen such, bitch? that's what it'd TAKE. :)
According to your arrest reports. it took exactly two (p*****s) like me to take you down; not once, not twice, but three times. U.S. Marshal's alway's go in two man teams, SOP. John was not considered to be a dangerous enough offender to require an additional team. On one instance, you were arrested by phone, weren't you, John? You were told to come in, and meekly submitted. A dozen law enforcement officer's? How about an old lady in a wheelchair with a can of pepper spray?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
yeah, where you gonna FIND a dozen such, bitch? that's what it'd TAKE. :)
:laugh01:

Love words again. I'm sure that you've met more than a dozen in past years during the many times you lay cowering on the floor of the shower room. The macho tough bada$$ gunkid goes auto-submissive every time he runs into the big dogs. Whew! What a visual.

Howling mad-dog behind the keyboard and whimpering puppy in real life.

RIKA :D

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gee,my daddy GAVE me 1000'S of $ worth of guns,

that makes me SO skilled, capable, and special. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah,I'm such an EASY mark, that's why NONE of you tough guys have DARED meet me, in 4 years of my telling you where and when to find me. :) U know GD'd well you'd get your asses STOMPED.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
that makes me SO skilled, capable, and special. :)
Actually, he only gave me a few. The rest are shared. I speak of them as being mine because of convenience and lack of confusion. My Dad is nowhere near the money man you think he is - in fact the guns that he collected over the years are by far his biggest investment. When he retires in a few years, they will probably be sold a few at a time. We both know this and its okay with me. I will probably use my savings to pay him for some that I favor the most.

Eat your heart out GK. I love the fantasys that you have about me being so rich and pampered; wish they were true.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
LOL, "howlin' mad" GK, who won't even take MANY offers up of all expense paid trips to win what he claims is easy money, but everyone else is a punk for not coming to a town he does not live in. Then it turns otu he rolled over the PHONE?

Oh yeah tough guy.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
You were actually taken down by a woman in a wheelchair????? :):):):):)

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
litchfield,ill.??????

are you sure i haven't broke your snot-locker ONCE BEFORE! ol'boy, hahaha!

i knew you reminded of that type.

thanks.

p.s i do kinda like reading your posts! :nyah:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i never said you were rich. I said if you'd had to buy the guns yourself, learn the stuff on your own, you'd have a Jennings .22 and a Nagant, or a single shot shotgun. It's true, too, and we all know it.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
u got me mixed up with someone else, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>. I'd be LONG gone if I got any warning over the phone.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
i never said you were rich. I said if you'd had to buy the guns yourself, learn the stuff on your own, you'd have a Jennings .22 and a Nagant, or a single shot shotgun. It's true, too, and we all know it.
Not at all true. If I had to start out alone, I'd probably have a Ruger 22 pistol and 10-22 rifle and a S&W Mod 19 revolver along with the Garand. All bought out of funds from working 2 jobs cuz I'm still paying off loans. Inexpensive guns, yes but still a good starter group. I'm not stupid and learn very quickly. As for learning, I get much of it from the net - from my great friends.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I don't know about you but my parents had no use for firearms, the 70 or 80 firearms that I have bought or sold over the past 30 years, have been done with my own hard earned paycheck. And the only reason that that I only had that many firearms was that my ex restricted me to having only 10 guns in the house at any one time. When I look back on that, I realized that I was able to concentrate on quality rather than quantity. Erika, I prefer my S&W 4" M66 over the Model 19, personal preference. I do agree with you on the Mk II and the Garand but would prefer to substitute a 12 ga. riot gun for night patrols and ferel dog control over the 10/22.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
Not everyone has your ghetto-queen taste in firearms. Most don't go for the worst, most unreliable POS they can find, like you do.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Garand said:
Erika, I prefer my S&W 4" M66 over the Model 19, personal preference.

Though I'm not RIKA, I think her choice was bassed on bang-for-buck, not necessarily what's best. 'Course the model 66 is a heck of a gun. . .

I would agree on picking a 12 gauge, and either ditch the .22 handgun or rifle. Personally, I'd probably go with the pistol if I had to choose only one.

Aw, heck, 12 gauges are inexpensive, go ahead and add one to the list, rather than give up either .22. . .

Nice to be able to actually buy guns eh?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.