Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know different guns are used for different situations but if u had to choose one and only one gun to use in a crisis what would it be i would choose a socom 16

·
Registered
779 Posts
It depends on the nature of that crisis. If it was roving hordes and gangs looting, etc, my bushie AR.

If I was out in the middle of nowhere, my M6, for foraging.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
If I were in an area, that was free and clear, of conflict I would have one of my 22 rifles and one of my Colt 45's, (Jim Hoag gunsmithed) or my Springfield TRP OPERATOR, 45 ACP pistol, with me at all times.

If my area was subject to attacks, from groups of maraudering criminials, or what ever, I would have one of my 20 inch barreled AR-15 HBAR'S, and a 22 LR pistol with me at all times.

I do have a Marlin 39 TDS (16 inch Barrel) that can fit in a pack. I could also use it to supplement the AR, or as a primary 22 LR.

If a typical NUTTY ACTION HERO came into my area, he would be dealt with, with extreme prejudice, upon arrival.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I always want to qualify but 1 (.5) answer. AR15 with 22 conversion unit.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Twelve gauge pump w/a few spare barrels.Piles of shells,& a can.:)

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
An inch FN FAL if I have my choice. It can be broken down into a knapsack, it has a .22 insert available, easy to mount a suppressor on, lightweight rifle unless your a girly man and require a gym, ammunition is cheap and readily available, as are reloading components. Its not a cheap POS, craftsmanship was used to build the rifle. Its proven reliable in both semi arctic and semi arrid conditions, which can't be said of the AR. It can reliably hit a 18"x22" target at 500 yds under windy conditions above 25 mph. As a matter of fact it can knock down steel at 500 yds. Just my $0.02 worth

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know im young and stupid but whats a "can" im pretty sure its a silencer

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Definition of Can

steven - i know im young and stupid but whats a "can" im pretty sure its a silencer

Yes a can is a silencer. However, I am wondering how 41mag is going to put one on a shoty. I know its probly just for slugs and just like any other barrel attachment, but how would one put a suppressor on a shotgun and have any hope of effectiveness? I thought about this one night and if anyone knows, please tell me, I'm most curious.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
If there's no worry of fighting off hordes of **** sapiens any of my No4 Enfields.

If two-legged critters are a problem, then a FAL/L1A1

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Everybody seems to like the Inch FAL. I, am going to have to get up to speed on that rifle.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Okay but the question was 1 gun for a crisis and we don't know exactly what the crisis is going to be. It would be messy to shoot squirrels with a 308 and "interesting" to fight off gangbangers with AKs. Thats the reason I hedged my bet with the AR15 and the conversion unit.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
Okay but the question was 1 gun for a crisis and we don't know exactly what the crisis is going to be. It would be messy to shoot squirrels with a 308 and "interesting" to fight off gangbangers with AKs. Thats the reason I hedged my bet with the AR15 and the conversion unit.

RIKA
Your hedged bet would work well. Just make sure the 22 conversion unit works well.

And don't let NUTTY JOHN help you with it -- like you would, anyway. LOL!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Magnum, I like the thought of the FAL but do you have a 22 conversion unit for it? CDNN has 22 units for the H&K91 but they are $300+. Ouch for right now.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Stillwater said:
Your hedged bet would work well. Just make sure the 22 conversion unit works well.

And don't let NUTTY JOHN help you with it -- like you would, anyway. LOL!
My conversion has over 1000 rds through it and hasn't jammed with only 2 cleanings (I was testing it). As for NJ, the plague is more welcome. At least I wouldn't be bored to death. Pun intended. :D

RIKA

·
Registered
53 Posts
As the name implies its gonna be an AK for me.Did you say one gun? My Glock 22 is ever present in a C/C holster so its a given that it'll be along for the ride to.

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
Erika, remember, the only good AR............. has a 10" barrel

:nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
AK4ME said:
As the name implies its gonna be an AK for me.Did you say one gun? My Glock 22 is ever present in a C/C holster so its a given that it'll be along for the ride to.
AK is dandy but you're gonna be squeezed down to one gun. Which is it? AK or Glock?

Just having fun. :D

RIKA

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Garand said:
Erika, remember, the only good AR............. has a 10" barrel

:nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:
:bawling: :crying: Waah! I don't want a dinky. Meanie!

:roflmao1: :roflmao1: :roflmao1:

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
DaRkWoLf said:
steven - i know im young and stupid but whats a "can" im pretty sure its a silencer

Yes a can is a silencer. However, I am wondering how 41mag is going to put one on a shoty. I know its probly just for slugs and just like any other barrel attachment, but how would one put a suppressor on a shotgun and have any hope of effectiveness? I thought about this one night and if anyone knows, please tell me, I'm most curious.

Well,I confess to adding the can in ode to the resident canmeister.

Just a lil bit of pot stirring.:)

As Garand posted,they have been tried,Just not effective.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts