Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
http://www.no-treason.com/laissezfirearm/tracer.htm

Here is a link to support your assumption.

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blm16a2.htm

Here is a fact sheet on the M16A2 with a blurb from the military on the reason they use the 1/7 twist...

Now, first of all, my year was wrong, the 1/7 twist was introduced in 1984. Not 1987... my bad. The M856 tracer round that you are refering too also known by the designation M110 tracer was introduced in 1989. Cart before the horse Tard...

Mike

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it aint, dummy. The military KNEW

about the tracer problem, LONG before they got the ammo-fix into actual distribution, that's all. It wasn't considered to be all that much of a problem, that's all. They wanted lots of penetration at 1/2mile plus, for the SAW, that's all. the rifle was an afterthough, actually. As it should be, since it's so ineffective at dealing with the enemy in the numbers,and at the cost involved.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Tard, read the links... the M110 tracer round which replaced the M196 round came out in 1989... Please, tell me how they knew that would be an issue 5 years before the introduction of that round?

Mike

·
Registered
779 Posts
Why have a faster twist?

Because 1-7" is a COMMON twist in QUALITY barrels for AR's and so is 1-9" when you buy a QUALITY rifle and not some POS junk kit.

1-7 and 1-9 are the 2 most common twist rates. For 1-8" your either going to have to buy a separate barrel or order a custom or semi-custum rifle with it.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Hard Rock said:
Tard, read the links... the M110 tracer round which replaced the M196 round came out in 1989... Please, tell me how they knew that would be an issue 5 years before the introduction of that round?

Mike
Mike, you're trying to hold a rational discussion with a moron. You'd has greater success and less frustration talking to a three year old. The three year old could at least grasp the concept of the passage of time.

:devil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts