Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made it fit a 1911 holster. Clark steel trigger, recessing the muzzle in the lathe, like a Bull barreled High Standard, made it group 1.5" at 50 yds, sitting on the hood of my car, bracing my shoulders on the windshield, wrists clamped between my knees, feet flat on the hood.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Ruger makes a shorter 4" bull barrel MkII and 22/45 now. They also have a 4" bull barrel on the new MkIII pistols.

One of the advantages of a 4-3/4" standard barrel is that you can use many M1911 holsters.

Pac-lite is making lightweight aluminum uppers for the MkII and 22/45 that have stainless barrel liners. I like their green adonized 4-1/2" threaded bull barrel with the iron sights, which is drilled and tapped for an optic mount. One of these on a lightweight 22/45 frame would be a handy pistol for in the field.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
way too much money for what it can do

in my book. But then, I am capable of smithing an alloy 1911 frame with all the goodies, and chopping a Colt .22-45 unit to Detonics length. If I wasn't, I'd put the alloy slide, Commander length Ciener .22 unit on such a frame. The Ruger's sights, safety and handling are not much like that of a 1911, at all, really.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts