Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you can find, 10 people will have been there overland, dozens more will have spotted it from the air, and they'll all have told other people, who will tell other people. shtf, they will ALL be headed to your place. :) be on record as owning land, and if anyone, ESPECIALLY big brother is looking for you, that land is the first place that they will check-out. Because they know most people are as cheap, lazy and stupid as most of you guys are.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
That was a paranoid post if there ever was one.

If it's 'shtf', how are they going to spot it from the air?

If the cabin is deep in the Idaho wilderness, how are so many people just going to wander into it?

You have no concept of scope or scale.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The majority of air travel, except for search and rescue type operations, follow the victor airways. If you are wise about location, and are not under a victor airway, then it's doubtful your cabin will ever be seen from the air.

And if it is, it's doubtful that it will be remembered, or that it will even get a mention.

Big brother? What is the scenario?

It's difficult to have a discussion with zero frame of reference...

People tend not to travel where it's difficult, distant, and there's no compelling reason to do so.

I happen to know where there's a number of remote cabins, etc well off the beaten path. I don't intend to head to any of them.

Mike (Rostov) is correct: scope and scale are foreign concepts to you...

:devil:

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Scope and scale are foreign concepts to those that have spent their lives being a prison bitch!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Aslan said:
The majority of air travel, except for search and rescue type operations, follow the victor airways. If you are wise about location, and are not under a victor airway, then it's doubtful your cabin will ever be seen from the air.

And if it is, it's doubtful that it will be remembered, or that it will even get a mention.

People tend not to travel where it's difficult, distant, and there's no compelling reason to do so.

I happen to know where there's a number of remote cabins, etc well off the beaten path. I don't intend to head to any of them.

Tim, I think you should explain to NUTTY JOHN what Nav charts, and Victor Airways are. I think these are foreign words to NUTTY JOHN and his Ph.d intellect.

Since I spent many years as a CFII, I may one of the few who know what you are talking about. You might also want to explain to NUTTY JOHN, what the different scales of Nav Charts are (250,000:1 and 50,000:1). You might even throw in a little bit about a WAC Chart too. He should get it understood, about 2025 AD.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Aslan said:

Since most pilots, even those piloting general aviation aircraft, have their HEAD UP, watching their heading, the horizon and looking for other aircraft, how many have any appreciable time to sight see?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm sure the CIA is turning all their satilite assets on the US forrest instead of the hot spots in the middle east. Just top top priority in finding gunkid's shack.

Realisticly, in the Louisiana swamps, way way in the swamps, I really don't think there will be anybody sleeping in any shack someone builds.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
He should know all about hiding from the law. Perhaps thats how he did some of his dealing. LMAO

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you really think anyone is going to remember a shack they see while flying? I imagine they will run into you first while you are digging your dugout. Hopefully it will be someone of your caliber and you will catch one in the back of your head.Of course you will never hear it coming since he will be using a can

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Any assets under the new order to emerge will be protected by the local warlord.

Any looter vagrant will be caught questioned and then killed if deemed worthless.

Any so called remote cabin may be serving as live bait to the likes of him.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I laugh at that stuff! Where do you think I got my avatar.

Most of it proves what I said here exactly!

Those who are strong and truly prepared will survive and fare better than those who are not.

Some of us are smart enough to learn from mistakes of the past while others don't and will fail.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yes I think the scavenging like of tard will be removed from the gene pool in fairly short order. And likely by someone witha 308 battle rifle from a couple of hundred yards where his 10" pos canned ar will not reach.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts