Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if it starts a 90 gr vld at 2200 fps, it's still got 450 ft lbs left at 500 yds. If it starts the more common 69 gr smk at 2500 fps, it still hits at 500 yds like a plus P 158 gr lhp does at 3m, fired from a .38 snub. Since you guys are SO sure that a .38 snub is an adequate manstopper, so is the 10" 223, at 500 yds. :) At 300m, the 10" 223 can easily still have 600 ft lbs. So the bozos who "think" that a 10" 223 has nothing left at 300m are fos, quite demonstrably. Even if you "only' use the 69 gr smk in the 10" barrel, it will still have450 ft lbs, considerably more power than the .45 230 gr load has at the muzzle. So the shorty 223 is going to put that 69 gr smk CLEAN thru your chest at 300m, dumbass, and you will get a pneumothorax, and you' won't be doing CRAP after 20 seconds or so. since you aint going to RUN 250 m in 20 seconds (and throw a grenade) you'll have HAD it, dumbass. In fact, ifyou TRY to run with such a wound, you'll use up all your piddly bit of remaining strength in 15 seconds, and you wont make it 100m.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
apples to oranges, Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
There isn't a 224 90gr VLD.

I see that you've already been told that by someone here and I'm telling you again. Berger doesn't list a .224 90gr VLD in their catalog.

Then again maybe you're cramming a 90gr 6mm VLD into your winchester white box mexican match case that also holds a whole lot of powder. :rolleyes:

2200fps from a fictious 90gr bullet in a 10" 223 and 2500fps from a 69gr SMK?
Dream on! That's not happening, period. Figure 2000fps with the 80gr VLD.

I see a year ago you were claiming 69gr @2800fps from an 11" barrel, what happened to the extra 300fps and the inch of barrel? Lose another 200fps from your 2500fps and you'll be in the ball park at least.

Why you are bothering with ft-lbs when you are using two bullets that will not expand and have not been shown to yaw sufficiently to fragment at much higher velocities than you are claiming let alone the lower velocities that are reality. YEs they will have to yaw significantly in order to be subject to enough stress to break apart and tear any pitifully small temporary cavity that was created. 22 caliber hole in, 22 caliber hole out, if it even makes it out.

A 22 caliber through and through wound is in no way a guarantee of a pneumothorax either tension or traumatic, in fact small caliber wounds are unlikely to cause any kind of a pneumothorax.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
GK is utterly ignorant in this area. He knows nothing about terminal ballistics. These are just fantasy loads for his fantasy rifle.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Energy isn't worth squat in a 10" POSCAR. The bullet won't expand worth shit. What is more a .357 magnum at 3 m most certenly will expand. Another stupid post by the master of stupidity. Gunkid!

·
Registered
285 Posts
and when I need another shot from my 357, I can pull the trigger 5, 6, or 7 more times and have it fire.

When mr ??gr VLD needs another shot he'll have to hand feed it into the chamber.

ANYONE who's ACTUALLY USED a heavy VLD bullet knows this to be true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts