Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and the stupid pussy claims a Makarov is great, and a 10" 223 is useless beyond "pistol ranges". I got news for the dummy, the 10" 223 still expands a sp, still has 450+ ft lbs left at 200m. :) TWICE the power of a mak at 5 ft, and no, you AINT effective at 200m with a sidearm. You are BARELY effective at 20m, IF you have cover.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The 10 inch .223 is an unreluable, inaccurate useless weapon.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Has to compare his rifle to a pistol to try and make the rifle look good. . .LOL

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
and the stupid pussy claims a Makarov is great, and a 10" 223 is useless beyond "pistol ranges". I got news for the dummy, the 10" 223 still expands a sp, still has 450+ ft lbs left at 200m. :) TWICE the power of a mak at 5 ft, and no, you AINT effective at 200m with a sidearm. You are BARELY effective at 20m, IF you have cover.

The 10" AR is inaccurate, unreliable, bulky for the power it produces, and is utterly outclasses by any other AR type rifle with a 16" or greater barrel.

HINT: The Mak is a pistol and WAY smaller than your bulky noisemaker.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Power without accuracy is what? if you can't hit worth a damn, then how much power you have doesn't matter. Rounds not on target are wasted rounds.

at 300 yards (274.32 meters), 168 gr Barnes VOR-TX is traveling at 2156 fps, and hits with 1734 ft lbs of energy - that's 3x the energy and it will be far more accurate, being shot from a proper rifle. while you're hoping to make those hits with your 10" pos, we know we are good much further than that. (300 yards is considered a typical shot in the western states)

·
Super Moderator
2,127 Posts
I don't golf but if Melvin did I wonder if he'd use only a putter; one made from a bent spoon bondo'ed to a cheap curtain rod.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
who claims this? Who is this directed towards? How would the new user or interested reader know?

Also, you have no idea what anyone can do with a pistol at 20 meters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts