Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arov can do at 10 ft, and MANY "think" that a mak has the ability to stop a man, at axeswing ranges. :) This of course assumes a proper load in the 223, vs ANY load you can fire out of a Mak, without blowing it apart, that is.

G

·
stuepe, an 11 inch CAR may have more ft/lb that a 9x18 at 500 yards but the .22 ice-pick wound you get at that range makes the CAR worthless. All you are going to do is piss someone off. The Mak will still have a full 9mm hole and a blunt hollowpoint and thus use it's power much more effenciently that a pos CAR.

Add to that the short sight radious of the CAR and about all you have is a 500 yard noise maker. Even the GIs with M4s try not to make those kind of shots. That is what sharpshooters with M-14s are for!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
OH!! GOODY!! SUMMER RE-RUNS....:eek: Uh;I'd say we've seen this movie.WTF;rifle caliber vs.medium pocket rocket....anypne really take this discussion seriously??If your down to a pistol and the @sshole in question is bracketing you with ANY decent rifle over 100meters,nevermind 500,you're definitely knee-deep in $hit&about to hit the fan with it...never mind slinging the same fecal matter with the scoped-canned CAR15 with the .22lr conversion in the de-barked Chihuaua drawn assault wheelbarrel....:rolleyes: did I miss anything else?Oh yeah! a moral,firends don't let their friends piss off a rifleman with naught but a pistol outside of the operating envelope....Oh srew it,drink up everyone:beer: :cool: :D

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stupid mf. I said the pistol is @ TEN FEET

dumbass. I was talking about the EFFECT of the bullet's IMPACT on the man, stupe. Try learning to READ. The post is NOT about the TACTICS of anything, dummy. Other than the stupidity of people like you, anyway.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Ya know;most people that call me what you just did at least have the spine ,guts and testicles to address m e in that fashion in person.WTH ,come visiting;I'm easy to find....and you will be afterwards.Oh,wait a minute...how silly of me-you lack ALL THREE of those items&the only reason you'd come to my state apparently would be to find an SJC wedding planner.It must be nice for you to have somewhere to go besides the rest stops....Ta Ta and all that ,always nice to hear from you GK

G

·
Re: stupid mf. I said the pistol is @ TEN FEET

223 fan said:
dumbass. I was talking about the EFFECT of the bullet's IMPACT on the man, stupe. Try learning to READ. The post is NOT about the TACTICS of anything, dummy. Other than the stupidity of people like you, anyway.
Stupe, an assault wheelbarrow isn't 'tactics'. It's a stupid idea by a lame bozo. That would be YOUR stupid idea, gunkid.

G

·
Remember 'it is what it is,and it ain't what it ain't"..?What a Makarov is ;is a reliable little brute,that's just small enough to carry easily,big enough to shoot reasonably well(better with practice and the odd tweak)and priced that most folks who shoot could have a few should they want one.With the right ammo it beats throwing hard looks at'em.It's NOT an earth shaker,nor is it an "11 inch CAR";its more like a poor man's Kahr.
Is there better tools for the old kit?Is it the worst choice out there?Nope...I'm not gonna do the old reflexive @sshole -like behavior that someone here does when he disagrees with someone's choice.Unless that choice is "out there"to the point of being downright dangerous or careless;and then I'd rather suggest a better course.Neither would I want to be skylined and caught unawares by a skilled operator using either of these two items within their useful envelope.Personally,I like the Maks I've shot,especially some of the ones that had a little aftermarket work(trigger,sights&sometimes barrel/muzzle crown).For stockers,the East German ones were pretty damn good.Preference in a handgun?I'd still go with a service caliber auto or recolver with a 5 inch tube,but the Mak is nothing to throw away if you have one,or get in front of if you don't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts