Arms Locker banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
12lb muzzle loader? That makes a M1 Garand look light. Sounds like someone here don't know much about muzzle loaders.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Flinter said:
What make of fowler do you have Rhino?

My fowler is one of my favorite firearms. I've used it for the last 3 rabbit seasons with more success than I used to get out of my modern shotguns. Those patterns really open up!!
It is a variant of the tulle, French design. It is a custom job that was a gift from a friend who makes them from scratch. I'll try to post pics/ I have used it on rabit, quail, pheasant, coyote, and deer.

Rhino

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'd like to see that pic. Tulle's are probably my favorite firearm that I don't own. :bawling:

Mines a Pennsylvania fowler, 20 gauge, 46 inch barrel. It was made by one of the last true "backwoodsmen" that I know. This fella just got an indoor toilet 2 years ago!

So far all I've taken with it is rabbits. Hopefully this year I'll get out long enough to kill a deer with it and maybe a turkey. Seems like work picks up for me right at the beginning of hunting season and doesn't let up until after New Years. Last year I got to hunt exactly 3 days. :hot:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts