Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
repeatedly, with no prior training at all. scoped, trigger job, from the bipod. She learned first from a sandbagged bench, with subsonic 22's thru the 11" and can. then with supersonic 22's, thru the can, then removed the can, then re installed it for her first 223's. THAT is how easy a can makes it to learn to hit, slowfire, from the bipod. She had to go, or by the end of the day, she'd have been getting 50% hits from standing unsupported. :) pretty critical to have an anti-cant device on AR's, for long range work. that's why the originals had 3 sided forends.

This is what a really top instructor can do for you, too, of course. except for the "fact" that you won't heed what he says.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
repeatedly, with no prior training at all. scoped, trigger job, from the bipod. She learned first from a sandbagged bench, with subsonic 22's thru the 11" and can. then with supersonic 22's, thru the can, then removed the can, then re installed it for her first 223's. THAT is how easy a can makes it to learn to hit, slowfire, from the bipod. She had to go, or by the end of the day, she'd have been getting 50% hits from standing unsupported. :) pretty critical to have an anti-cant device on AR's, for long range work. that's why the originals had 3 sided forends.

This is what a really top instructor can do for you, too, of course. except for the "fact" that you won't heed what he says.
Again, who are you addressing?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
13" groups, allowing for a little bit of wind, on 18" silohuette gong at 440 yds, is just 3 MOA, guys. Sure, there's a bit of degradation of group size at range, but not much. so all we are really talking her was 2 MOA, at best, and she did deliver that on paper, before we backed away from the gongn. It was a quiet day, if the wind was blowing much, I'd have not had her try at longer ranges. She did not know how 'difficult' the shots were, so she just did it. :) I just kept up the usual "positive patter", "very good, hon', etc. but actually I was jumping up and down inside. :)

Reminded me of Julia, beating all the men at Camp perry, with her M16, at 600 yds, back when nearly everyone was as ignorant about the 223 as terry and garand STILL are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts