Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5"x4.5", SA,single stack, perfect for the front pants pocket. Trouble is, factory 380's are a paltry 200 ft lbs out of it (at best,many are only 160 ft lbs). Shortening 38 super brass to 9x18 length, however, creates the 9x18 JB, and it will deliver 400 ft lbs,if it's loaded properly. That's 25% more power than the 22 mag offers, in a RIFLE, and many "think" that the .22 magrifle is a good choice for a surival arm. They aint too bright, but the 9x18 offers about the same power level as the 25-20 rifle does. Some guys considered the 25-20 to be OK for beaver,coyote and fox,if not small deer. A .45 ball rd is a VERY poor choice for deer,ya know. Yeah, hit one in both lungs with such a load, and it will die, EVENTUALLY, but itsbody is not likely to be recovered in the same county in which it was shot.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i have ALWAYS NECK SHOT

my deer with the .45 auto[sig220]and other pistols/calibers,

they drop like a ton of wet $hit.

i found your header /opener interesting on the .380 colts mustang, but it quickly de-volved into a scatter-shot[and 'you' not the shotgun type!]

i have an opportunity to buy a .380 colts[as my buddy wants to sell it!]

but it is not a left handed pistol[for it's size]

and have given it a pass, [i've shot it a few times /it's nice ,but not for me!]

thanks.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unless hit in the head or the spine, you are a liar about deer dropping to the shot with a .45 auto, or a hot loaded .45 L Colt, either, for that matter.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cylinder & Slide shop offers ambi-safety, Mustang

I think or they used to do so, anyway. Not a big deal to have a Tig welder operatore add a bit of weld to the end of the safety pin, then drill a 1/16" ID hole in it, fabricate a southside safety lever, and roll pin it to the safety pin.

Also, the Mustang is VERY easy to thumbcock, either as drawn, or in pocket FIRST, prior to draw, when you smell a rat of one sort or another. Then either draw the cocked gun, taking care to keep finger outside of the trigger, or, point it well away from your leg, in the pocket (if discretion demands such action) and lower the hammer
again.

The mustang DOES have a firing pin safety, ya know. It's part of the ejector, which is why I prefer the Star DK or Pony 380s to the Mustang. The Mustang's ejector is a pretty weak reed.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i guess you would have to SEE it done!

223 fan said:
unless hit in the head or the spine, you are a liar about deer dropping to the shot with a .45 auto, or a hot loaded .45 L Colt, either, for that matter.
i am not offended, by your 'LIAR' remark, you have neither done/witnessed, what i stated, the cns of a deers neck is a relative large target area, EASILY hit,with the stated results ensueing.

the colt mustang, is a way too much 'chopped/bobbed' 1911 style auto,
for my liking.

i had bought an auto-ordnance 1911a-1 last year for $325[3mags] yup!
they are still the ol' right handed slabsides ,but not for me[although,it would be a canidate for the G-K hack job special]

thanks. :idea:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts