Arms Locker banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
BigJon said:
I know what you mean about getting the debts paid off! Building is definitely not for the faint of heart OR the cheap of wallet!
I'm guessing that you are making a joke because I am none of the above. I work for myself therefore my monthly income fluctuates greatly depending on my contracts at hand and how fast I'm paid. Some months are lean and some are flush and I still have all the monthly bills and insurance coming due. Financial survival demands that I exercise the fiscal restraint that many folks aren't capable of. No credit card or fixed debt. Sometimes there are unexpected expenses so I take care of them first before indulging in personal pleasure. Then I build my war chest back up. Its not a lot of fun sometimes, having to exercise self control, but in return I have a lot of personal freedom and thats something I cherish.

Best,

RIKA

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
RIKA said:
I'm guessing that you are making a joke because I am none of the above. I work for myself therefore my monthly income fluctuates greatly depending on my contracts at hand and how fast I'm paid. Some months are lean and some are flush and I still have all the monthly bills and insurance coming due. Financial survival demands that I exercise the fiscal restraint that many folks aren't capable of. No credit card or fixed debt. Sometimes there are unexpected expenses so I take care of them first before indulging in personal pleasure. Then I build my war chest back up. Its not a lot of fun sometimes, having to exercise self control, but in return I have a lot of personal freedom and thats something I cherish.

Best,

RIKA
Actually, it was intended to be a bit tongue-in-cheek. But, the intended reference was to myself, not you.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Its nearly impossible to tell written intent in some postings because of lack of facial expression and voice inflection. Sorry that I read you wrong.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
lol! No harm, no foul! Heck, Rika, you know me well enough by now - if something I can say is even open to interpretation, only smiles are intended!

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Okay, Rika. So far, I've tried the Brownell's formula. I'm going to try the Pilkington's. I've looked around the web, and the folks I'd consider knowledgeable (on this site too ;) ) all seem to call that one "home". Gonna try it out on an old, ratty Smith Model 10 first to see how I do.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Great!! If not too much trouble, please document with photos the steps you go through in preparing the metal and the actual rust blue process. I think that it would be invaluable to members who have never home blued a firearm.

RIKA :) :beer:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Well, I asked you to post additional photos of your pistol, and you did, so I guess now I gotta . . . .

:D

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
RIKA said:

Best,

RIKA

AND,'jest' WHERE IN THE HELL!!!,,, did this "LODGE of the IRONSPINE/REMEIDAL' WAYNE-TRAINING"!!!,,,finally strike/sink HOME 'LIL'-SISTER[?],,,,Hmmmm![I LOVE-U] :dgrin:

[i.e.] I'm dealing/liking with a 'gal' that OUR U.S. EMBASSY in EGYPT/got her,and children BACK TO THE U.S.A.!!![she sez' she never"knew the power" of the CITIZENSHIP of BEING AMERICAN/OVERSEAS!!!

[when,I was a DYNAMITE-SLINGIN'/BOOZE-SWILLIN'/PISTOL-SNAPPIN' youth 'GROWING-UP',,,the IRANIANS pretty much RAPED the wabash-river college[$$$],,,and MORE than a FEW 'corn-fed-farmers-daughters' SLUNK BACK TO THE 'middle-east' WITH THESE TRUE "DOG/PIG" HEATHEN FUCKERS!!!,,,as,,,HUSBANDS!!![stuck/knocked-up/beaten/NO-PASS-PORT-OUT!],,,YA, I'VE A SCORE TO SETTLE WITH THE "fuckin' rag-head-throat-cutters',,,ANYDAY. :smash:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts