Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you DO get your silly-assed N frame under .20 second, you will still be TWICE as slow as need be. :) What's the point? So you can look like a BAG lady as you try to conceal the big clunker?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
What's the point? So you can look like a BAG lady as you try to conceal the big clunker?
I remember how a famed guru claimed that he could hide a disassembled AR in his pants. Anyone else remember?

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Wasn't this the same guy that swore when his forum was up and running he would not be back here?

He was claiming that he'd have so much traffic and discussion on his site - that guy?

:devil:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I can't remember what Ron was saying was fast on the 1911. I can't remember what Miculek... yes, both are probably using trick loads, actions, etc. Does it really matter how fast the splits are or how fast your ability to recognize and draw on an actual threat is... all this assuming you hit the KO zone.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
krept said:
I can't remember what Ron was saying was fast on the 1911. I can't remember what Miculek... yes, both are probably using trick loads, actions, etc. Does it really matter how fast the splits are or how fast your ability to recognize and draw on an actual threat is... all this assuming you hit the KO zone.
Give that man a kewpie!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
what amazes me is all those people that cannot achieve these splits, but somehow manage to win armed encounters with bad guys.

It's almost as if there are other factors that might be even more important, like hitting where you are aiming, tactics, etc....but that just can't be the case - can it?

:devil:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Splits in the .10 range are more apt to be a result of bouncing the trigger than anything else. I have shot countless splits on Bill Drills that run in the low to mid-teens, but who cares? Those drills are used to develop a neutral grip and to time the gun. In an actual match my splits will run .18 or so up fairly close and closer to .25 at 10-15 yards. Of course, the time increases as the distance increases. Splits don't win IPSC matches.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, cause ipsc matches are shot at 3-20x realistic

ranges. Nobody will EVER touch .18 sec splits and A zone hits at 10 yds, with an N Frame and full charge 357's. They'll never do it at 5 yds, even.

Dumbasses are SLOW, cause they won't PRACTICE, yet CLAIM that their wonderful "tactics" are going to save them. Guess what? Dumbass lazy punks ain't GOT any tactics. Nearly all gunfights are won by pure LUCK, cause there's only 1000 or less guys who HAVE enough skill to make that the determining factor.

The flattop CAR CAN be concealed under normal street clothing, disassembled, for a specific MISSION *******. *********************************************************************************.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
You now the next to last time I was at the Hobbes Estate public range. I started talking to a gentleman who was getting into the civilian security field who had spent 20 yrs in the military, pretty much all in SOCOM. And recently was working as a contract trainer for the Dept of Energy.

You now what his comment about IPSC type shooting was whebn someone else brought it up?

It's just for fun and is only a game.

BTW- He does use a timer but the course of fire is much different.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
OK, let's say RIKA and SuperDoper get into a gunfight. They both draw and start shooting at the same time, they both have the same accuracy level. SuperDoper gets .10 sec splits with its 1911, RIKA get .20 sec splits with her .357. Guess what? SuperDoper is still dead, splits didn't help at all. Why? The human body won't even register hits that fast. It'll be close to, or greater than 1 second before either registers a hit.

andy said:
The flattop CAR CAN be concealed under normal street clothing, disassembled, for a specific MISSION *******. *********************************************************************************.
No, it can't.
If you'd ever tried, you'd know why.

It's just funnier every time you say it, since you think a full sized pistol can't be concealed, but a rifle can.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
andy said:
So if you DO get your silly-assed N frame under .20 second, you will still be TWICE as slow as need be. :) What's the point? So you can look like a BAG lady as you try to conceal the big clunker?

andy i had a 1911 go full auto on me at a match. the judge said that it took .875 of a sec to empty 8 rounds out of the pistol. lets see that would mean in full auto i would have .109 split. and your trying to tell me that you read or heard somewhere, that some one with a 1911 was getting .10 splits, and doing it with his finger. please! reality is banging at your back door. :headbang: :cool:

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Split times mean only something in IPSC were you have 10 targets and you just stand there blasting away while the clock runs. It isn't relative to combat.

In WW2 the MG42 fired at 1200 rpm. The 1919 fired at something like 600 rpm. They found for most uses the slower rpm 'stopped' just as well as the 1200 rpm and saved a hell of alot of ammo (that's .1 splits.) They also found the submachingun did much better at 450 rpm (and thats above .10 splits!)

Sorry gunkid but hits count, not spraying.

And btw, I have several ARs and unless you dress as a bag lady you can't carry a AR 'concealed'. And that is a fact.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
549 Posts
I shoot .13-.14 splits on Bill Drills all the time. I have shot a few in the .10 range. Nobody is doing a sub teen split on a regular basis. Andy is just plain wrong. What's new?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The only way I can see someone concealing an AR-15 is to have a 9.5 inch barrel version (including the "flash suppressor, if could actually suppress at that short of a barrel. a chopped CAR-15, yes they made them, I saw it somewhere once, talk about NFA!) with no stock, and no A2 irons, only flip ups, and a flush fitting mag to boot.

And youd still need a damn hoodie. But then again, I use a hoodie as my concealment garment for IDPA, so what else is new?

EDIT TO ADD:

Youd probly have to be in a large sized hoodie.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
DW: he claimed to do it by duct taping the lower to one leg, the upper to the other, teh mag in the back pocket (that's right THE mag, the ONE mag), he never did mention where he put his can, although it was speculated to be in his "can".

Talk about printing! any time he moved his legs, even with gangsta pants, the thing would print.

Paging Dr. No Clue, Dr. No Clue to the vitamin T dispensory. . .

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
DW: he claimed to do it by duct taping the lower to one leg, the upper to the other, teh mag in the back pocket (that's right THE mag, the ONE mag), he never did mention where he put his can, although it was speculated to be in his "can".

Talk about printing! any time he moved his legs, even with gangsta pants, the thing would print.

I’d pay money to see him do this, and then time him under fire to reassemble it and get it into action.

if he really claimed this as a valid strategy, then he truly is special.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
I happen to like my "N" frame, your just jealous cause you can't have one. One thing I learned in 10 years of shooting IPSC from '86 to '96 was IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REALITY, its a game!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

My comment on this directed at Melvinous Felonious:
1617843428196.gif

1 - 20 of 20 Posts