Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
is no great feat.Cooper used to demo it all the time. IF you consider such slowfire to be "controling" the gun, a .45 1911obviously has about zip recoil. It's only when you are talking about plus P loads in an alloy commander, and 5hits per second that things get a bit binding. Even then, with both hands on the gun, such .25 sec splits are nothing much. 10" at 10 ft is a BIG mark, at pretty close range. To claim you get 3" groups, at 20 yds, at such speed is pure bs.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
andy said:
is no great feat.Cooper used to demo it all the time. IF you consider such slowfire to be "controling" the gun, a .45 1911obviously has about zip recoil. It's only when you are talking about plus P loads in an alloy commander, and 5hits per second that things get a bit binding. Even then, with both hands on the gun, such .25 sec splits are nothing much. 10" at 10 ft is a BIG mark, at pretty close range. To claim you get 3" groups, at 20 yds, at such speed is pure bs.
Sorry, Andy, it lt was 25 Yards, 2.71 Seconds. A bit under 3 ". What's your address and telephone number so we can conclude this bet?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
While Andy's style of reply may usually be rather crude, I can understand why he believes what he is saying here. The 2.71 seconds is an extremely good time if from the leather (yeah I know it was Nylon - LOL). It probably takes many shoter almost that long to draw, sight in, and fire their first shot from 25 yards let alone be done shooting and have such great results. I am not doubtful of your claim, I am just saying it is impressive and that I can understand someone else who might doubt it, specially if that person is not capable of the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts