Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

2 secs, average of 5 tries, react, reload, hit

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Garand 
#1 ·
th 10" circle at 10 yds, under PRESSURE, with no mag pad, no mag well funnel, just a beveled mag well mouth, is good, clean, technique. With race gear, base pads on mags, mag well funnel, 1.2 seconds is easy, and 1.0 sec flat is quite possible. I'm not talking about SOME misses, or skipping your bobbled attempts, either. 5 tries, count all 5, and you HAVE to get the hit. Start in firing position, react to the beep of the electronic timer, get the hit. Without the race gear, 1.5 seconds is a very fast time.

#6 ·
In your friends fantasy, is he also collecting $800 a month SSI and getting the gov't to supply him with drugs also?

#7 ·
This drill is pretty common table fare for IPSC shooters. I have done the drill countless times in under 2 seconds with a personal best of 1.76 with full blown race gear at 5 yards just keeping them on the target. There is quite a thread on BrianEnos.com about this particular drill.

1.2 seconds is easy, and 1.0 sec flat is quite possible.
That is quite possibly the most absurd thing I have ever read in the way of pistolcraft. In fact, it's so ridiculous it is almost offensive. Those times are well beyond the ability of any human, living or dead.

#8 ·
I just read andy's post a second time. I see he is starting in the firing position. The drill I was addressing begins with the hands in surrender position and includes the draw.

A good time for a single stack would be .20 reaction and 1.8 reload for 2 seconds total. Doing the drill in 1.20 wouldn't fall within the realm of easy. Even with an exemplary reaction time of .17, you would only have a little over a second for the reload and that's smoking. Precious few people (if any) can do 5 one second reloads in a row. Doing the drill five times in a row averaging one second flat ain't gonna happen. That's a sub one second reload "under pressure" to a 10" circle at 10 yards.

#9 ·
So how did you shoot in the Nationals in 1979, 1980? 1981? 1982? 1983? 1984? 1985? 1986? 1998? Well tell the rest of the story about your IPSC career!

#10 ·
gunkid, looks like you are way outclassed here. Ankeny walks the walk while you gunkid just talk the talk.

#11 ·
He can't even talk the talk, nothing is verifiable!

So how did you shoot in the Nationals in 1979, 1980? 1981? 1982? 1983? 1984? 1985? 1986? 1998? Well tell the rest of the story about your IPSC career!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.