Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1800 miles gets you out of ANY place, basically. 20 miles a day is nothing much, to a fit man, even if he has to forage. In 1800 miles and 2mos, you can't find ANY bicycle, horse, boat, etc, to HELP you cover ground? VERY unlikely.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Andy you are a fool who has never done any serious hiking whatsoever to make a statement like that.
To cover that distance daily would require you to either walk out in the open exposed on a roadway field etc.,.

Or even if in the deep woods along too many natural lines of drift to be safe.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Give us a detailed kit list of what you have packed and ready to go AT THIS MOMENT! Then I'll post mine, with pictures if you'd like.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
1800 miles gets you out of ANY place, basically. 20 miles a day is nothing much, to a fit man, even if he has to forage. In 1800 miles and 2mos, you can't find ANY bicycle, horse, boat, etc, to HELP you cover ground? VERY unlikely.
This post clearly indicates that you don't have any experience with backpacking / serious hiking. You aren't going to cover that distance staying in heavy cover or only moving at night. (which are claims you've made thousands of times.) You also aren't going to make that kind of pace in your AO. Mountainous terrain - if you say so.

You certainly aren't going to cover that distance with any degree of stealthiness. I guess you'll be in the wide open. And, you'be able to forage too - while maintaining that pace?

You've just exposed yourself as having no real experience, again.

You really should avoid topics that you don't know anything about.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I wish stup*kid had a friend like him. Dumb and Dumber would be their names.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts