Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since you can do all of your practicing with a spare barrel, chambered in 9mm. Fire some medium powered 356 handloads, say, 50 a year, reusing the brass 10 times. Fire MAYBE 7 rds of the hot ccw load per year, to use up what's in the ccw mag, and replace it with new stuff. So much for worrying about the cartridge being obsolete, dumbasses.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if "all" you can get is the 55 gr Split Nose, at 2000 fps in the pocket 9x19, you still have 2.5x more power than the Makarov, and 2x what can be had out of a .38 snub. All you CAN be "out" is the $150 cost of a 356TSW barrel, and the cost of a few rds of new Starline brass.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
It would be very foolish to depend on an obsolete cartridge, A .357 SIG will give approximately equal performance and is a much more sensible coice.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Winners, like those in IPSC practice with the same loads that that they shoot in competition with. Thats why they win, consistency! They develop the muscle memory during practice and it pays off when the timer goes off. Losers practice with a weak rd then pump up the load for competition. They develop nothing , but they do waste time and energy!

If I practice properly I can pretty well quarantee I will lose at least 5-10 rds of brass from every 200 rds that I fire. Its a fact of life. In competition, like combat, you don't have time to pick up the brass. 200 rds of brass in an obsolete caliber don't mean shit in the real world! Live the reality, NOT your fantasy!

I fire a minimum of over 5,000 rds of handgun a year, 200 rds of brass won't last long, even if I restrict my practice sessions to 100 rds per week. After all you wouldn't want to be left with NO ammunition for your firearm that you are depending your life on!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy doesn't understand the facts of real world shooting and of combat. The 356 TSW is so obsolete that it has whiskers. Too bad andy can't enjoy real world shooting with real guns instead of just reading and wishing about them.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Practicing with a light load to carry a heavy load has long since been proven a Bad Idea.

Some people just don't have the brains to figure out that they can just use good ammo right off the shelf, rather than imaginary bullets over fantasy powder charges.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Garand, what makes you think gunkid is a IPSC winner. Maybe whiner, but not winner. After all, he came in next to last in the IPSC championships. Now that's piss poor performance in anybody's book!

And yes savvy street survivalist do shoot the same loads in practice that they use in matches or keep in their carry guns. Only a FOOL would do otherwise. And they are not stupid enough to use handloads or unreliable choped POS pistols! That takes a REAL FOOL.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
No 200 rounds will last him a lifetime. He will never crack a neck or lose a case. Cause when you are a convicted felon you can not own or even fire agun without violating yoru parole.

SO you see ti will last him a lifetime.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
says a pussy like you. :) Just because YOU have no balls doesn't mean everyone is as bad off as you are. The 357 Sig won't FIT in a Star, dumbass, and I've heard that it also won't work in the Kahr. There's a dimensional diff that wont let you rechamber a 9mm Kahr barrel, or some such. See, dumbass, I aint TALKING about a belt gun. In a belt gun, you can have the .460's 800 ft lbs, so why settle for the 357 Sig's 600 ft lbs, hmm dumbass?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I aint TALKING about a belt gun. In a belt gun said:
Because lame, the .357 Sig has an excellent record as a man stopper and the .460 does not, What counts is not paper ballistics, but real world performance.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
says a pussy like you. :) Just because YOU have no balls doesn't mean everyone is as bad off as you are. The 357 Sig won't FIT in a Star, dumbass, and I've heard that it also won't work in the Kahr. There's a dimensional diff that wont let you rechamber a 9mm Kahr barrel, or some such. See, dumbass, I aint TALKING about a belt gun. In a belt gun, you can have the .460's 800 ft lbs, so why settle for the 357 Sig's 600 ft lbs, hmm dumbass?
First of all, the Star BM is probably the suckiest pistol you could find for any caliber conversions, .357Sig, .356TSW, or otherwise. It's a good glove box/refrigerator/cupboard pistol, and that's about it.

You also need to keep up with your pistols a bit more.

To convert a Kahr to .357 Sig you DON'T use a Kahr PM9, you use a Kahr PM40. The PM40 is the same small, polymer frame pistol with a few internal dimesional differences to accomodate the .40S&W round. Since the .357Sig is essentially a .40S&W knecked down to 9mm, that should be a no brainer conversion. You simply have a new barrel made. I wouldn't be surprised if Kahr doesn't come out with one in .357Sig.

You can also take a subcompact G27 in .40S&W or a subcompact G33 in .357Sig and simply swap factory or aftermarket barrels back and forth between them. For either pistol (same exact frame, just different markings) you can get an aftermarket 9mm barrel, and it'll use the G27/33 mags. There is a dimensional difference that will not allow you to use a factory G26 barrel in the G27/33 frame.

You can also get barrels in any caliber for the G27/33 that are longer and pre-threaded. Swaping barrels in a Glock is super simple and takes just a few seconds.

The Glock 27/33, unlike your Star BM, also has a couple of good .22LR kits for it. :)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Well Gk does it really matter. We can have what ever guns we want. We are nto felons on parole. We are free men. We can buy whatever guns we please rather than some 2nd rate POS liek the Star BM. Does the BM stand for Bowel Movement? Snce it is a POS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now Hash, it's not nice to say things about GK, afterall, he might get in his combat wheelbarrel and track you down and with his expertise in firearms :rolleyes: you could be in trouble!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Heck I could prabably take the fat fuck bare handed.

If he ever comes near me or mine he shall long for the way Babe treated him in prison. Caus eI will make him my bitch.

Then I will bang his nasty ho of a wife for fun.

LMAO

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Hasher, I enjoy a good gunkid bashing as much as anyone. Please lets not go over the line of civility and insult family members. Lets keep the insults, in house.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts