Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that I saw something about this in one of the forums here, but I can't find it. I seem to remember a thread about some sort of .22 ammo that was very low power. I think it said something about the round being loaded with a priming charge but no propellant. I am wanting to say that whoever the poster was, he was using it for practice for cowboy action shooting. IIRC, it didn't go too far or hit too hard, but it had enough punch to ring steel targets. I am wondering two things. First, would it be enough to drop a squirrel within 40 feet or so. Second, where would I go about getting it? I may never use the stuff because I would still hesitate to bring a rifle out to shoot in my back yard. The neighbors are easily frightened by evil, nasty guns. I am none too sure I would get by with a Red Ryder BB gun with these folks. Worst part is that the one I think would give me the most trouble is a certified gun nut. His are OK; mine are not to his way of thinking.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I think this is what you are looking for -> http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=au1b222339&src=BLG804

Not sure about your first question concerning a squirrel, however. I know I have popped squirrels at close range with .22 shorts and it sometimes did the job, but sometimes it took a while for the critter to keel over. I don't think I would expect too much from it at 40 feet unless you can bean them in the head reliably.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was exactly it Rich, thanks. I didn't know there was a shot other than a head shot on squirrels unless you are using a shotgun. I'm kidding, but I do prefer a head shot on any game if I can get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts