Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jhp, 800 fps? My 356 TSW prefrag delivers the same sort of energy, shock and destruction as the .22 Hornet, and those who've shot some fair sized animals with the HOrnet, can TELL you it makes the 180 gr .40 look sick by comparison. 800 fps IS all you'll get from a pocket .40, too. Maybe you "think" that a 30 gr, wadcutter shaped, nose heavy, hollowbased rear segment of a Split Nose Prefrag, at 2200 fps wont penetrate deeply enough, but you're wrong, and it's provable, too, on flesh and blood.10-12" of penetration in animals is regularly achieved by this gun, load, and bullet. There's nothing that fits your pants pocket, is also controlable, and has as much tissue destruction, shock, and penetration as the 356 Split Nose, much less is also AP. :) I've searched for 30 years to find this combo of handiness and effectiveness, shot hundreds of animals and as many matches, finding out both what works on flesh, and what's controlable enough to match the best hands with any similar gun and load.

The Kahr PM9 9mm is the best pocket gun that's commercially available, with the possible exception of the Rorbaugh, but they are still too light for best control, DAO triggers, and typical 9mm ammo aint much, especially from a short barrel.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Ho hum. A fantasy gun with fantasy loads.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've shot Shooting Times Westerners, but never heard of Times Shooting Westerners, them people at the news paper office must really be PO'd at someone. :duck:

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Can we see pictures of your .356 TSW, that you have? Or is this part of the fantasy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts