Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
help on buying a 22 mag etc.

I edited this to make it short and to the point ...I want a 22 mag for vermin and, of course, lots of plinking. I am familiar with the CZ and like its feel and accuracy. In shopping for my own I am interested quality and accuracy. I am not as concerned about looks or cost. In shopping around I have a question: what are some of my best choices? I have researched the Savage 93fvss (stanless w/target barrel), the CZ I shot and used and the the Ruger model 77....oh and the 10/22 mag

Can you folks share your thoughts and opinions with me? Thanks Eric

·
Registered
611 Posts
CZ without a doubt.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I would go the CZ. True class, excellent handling and accuracy all in one rifle - as well as pride of ownership.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i have a stainless marlin that i really like.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I put a cheepo 1st gen atn nite vision on a ruger 10/22mag- and it works great!! skunks, ***** coyotes -- all done in 1 shot - I stick to the rem. 40g-hp, maybe not the best by everyones standard - but they are consistant box to box-

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I have a marlin 25mn in .22wmr and it is an awesome little rifle. It's got a heavy barrel and is yet to let me down.

I use it for Turkey and Squirrels. For squirrels it forces you to only do head shots, if you want to eat anything.

I'm very happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts