Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10" barrel starts a 60 gr V max well over 2600 fps. It aint down to 1800 fps until beyond 200m. That's PLENTY of range. You dont NEED instant stops beyond 200m. By the time he can run 200m and MAYBE become a threat to you, he'll long since have bled-out, and that's IF you don't notice and shoot him AGAIN. Remember, dummies, only an IDIOT will be in the open, in daylight. You aint in the military, you don't HAVE to be anywhere, at any time,or STAY anywhere, either. In thick cover or darkness, 100m is a LONG shot, much less 200m.

Let me tell you dummies something ELSE. the Wally world 55 gr Win bulk ball is over 2550 fps in a 10" barrel. That's still 900 ft lbs of power, dummies. Anybody who "thinks" that .45 ball is even CLOSE to being as much of a manstopper as that 55 grs at 2550 fps is an idiot. That 900 ft lbs is the same level of power that 30 carbine has with ball, and the 223 ball is a LOT more likely to both have the bullet tumble, and still do damage with the temporary cavity, out to ranges where it drops below 2200 fps. That's beyond 100m, dummies.

Same chrono, same day, win white box 230 gr, from a 5" barrel, averaged 790 fps. Not 850 fps, not 830 fps, not even 800 fps. 315 whooper ft lbs

·
Registered
285 Posts
the Wally world 55 gr Win bulk ball is over 2550 fps in a 10" barrel.
Lets pretend that your velocity claim is accurate.

Even the militarys M193 ball, a bullet designed to fragment when it yaws, ceases to be likely to have significant fragmentation below 2500fps.

If there isn't enough velocity to cause fragmentation, the result is a deep, 22 caliber hole, except an area where the yawing occurred, where the diameter of the hole grows briefly to the length of the bullet.

Short barrel 223s aren't effective, it's been proven in the lab and by end users.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
10" barrel starts a 60 gr V max well over 2600 fps. It aint down to 1800 fps until beyond 200m. That's PLENTY of range. You dont NEED instant stops beyond 200m. By the time he can run 200m and MAYBE become a threat to you, he'll long since have bled-out, and that's IF you don't notice and shoot him AGAIN. Remember, dummies, only an IDIOT will be in the open, in daylight. You aint in the military, you don't HAVE to be anywhere, at any time,or STAY anywhere, either. In thick cover or darkness, 100m is a LONG shot, much less 200m.

Let me tell you dummies something ELSE. the Wally world 55 gr Win bulk ball is over 2550 fps in a 10" barrel. That's still 900 ft lbs of power, dummies. Anybody who "thinks" that .45 ball is even CLOSE to being as much of a manstopper as that 55 grs at 2550 fps is an idiot. That 900 ft lbs is the same level of power that 30 carbine has with ball, and the 223 ball is a LOT more likely to both have the bullet tumble, and still do damage with the temporary cavity, out to ranges where it drops below 2200 fps. That's beyond 100m, dummies.

Same chrono, same day, win white box 230 gr, from a 5" barrel, averaged 790 fps. Not 850 fps, not 830 fps, not even 800 fps. 315 whooper ft lbs
As usual NUTTY JOHN is flapping his lips in the breeze about his mythical 10" barreled AR again. Or, much more probably, NUTTY JOHN is talking to hear his head rattle!

Hey NUTTY JOHN, I will come to Pagosa Springs, CO, with my video camera and videotape you, showing your talents, with your mythical AR. Then you can show it off for all the members to see.

Are you going to take me up on this JOHN, or, are you NOT MAN ENOUGH to step up to the challenge?

If you accept the challenge, and carry through on it, I will stop all of the negative harassment I do to you. The others here might do that too.

It's time to put up or shut up NUTTY JOHN. How about it?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Dipstick, let me repeat myself, yet again. If you are unfortunate in having to shoot someone, after the balloon goes up and you wound him. A PERSON WITH A FUNCTIONAL TRIGGER FINGER IS A THREAT TO YOUR LIFE. He just might not give you the opportunity for a second shot.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unlike u, I won't stupidly miss much, and most of the shooting will be with the .22 unit, cause unlike you, I know how to set things up that way. I aint stupid enough to be in open country in daylight, nor am I moron enough to be without a good can on the rifle.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Unlike you dipstick, I practice on a regular basis. Unlike you dipstick, I'm not limited to a crutch! Unlike you dipstick, I am capable of surviving under a number of geographical enviornments! Unlike you dipstick I'M NOT A WANNABE!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts