Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
hello

never heard mk9k on a mp5, awc mk9 is too long in our days i think, about 10'' .got my pm message rock?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The Mk9K is threaded 1/2x32 for the 9mm... that particular gun has a threaded muzzle not a three lug barrel. I orginally got it for the Colt 9mm SMG but have since sold that gun.

The Mk9 from AWC is 12 inches in length. Yeah, it's a big can but honestly, nothing on the market compares to it's effectiveness.

Got your PM and replied... shouldn't be a problem.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
to say the truth i have seen mk9 with 3-lug mounting on mp5, on al paulson's book is a specimen and i think it might be quieter because of the conical section on the end of 3-lug,i don't know wich one is quieter,the type one with conical baffles or the one with new with simplified slanted k-baffles,i hope you wasn't taking a joke with my pm ROCK.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yeah, I've got the three lug Mk9 from AWC too... LOL... As for the suppression of the stamped baffles vs. the K baffles... I'm not sure which is better.

I've got several Mk9 suppressors... some have the stamped baffles and some have the newer design. Here's my issue with the K baffle... they are a pressure driven design that work better with the more pressure you put to them. This is why they work so well in large rifle calibers. The stamped baffles are an older technology and are quite the work horse design. Both designs suppress about the same but the sound is slightly different. I should run them side by side for a comparison some time...

On the PM, no joke. I just need to get my butt in gear and do it.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
9mm

what about swr Rock?i think they are going great with latest trident-9,really small can and very good sound reduction,a 9mm multi use can, Joe have done some modifications on k-3 and trident baffle and i think it's gonna beat evolution-9 which is on top tests results.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It might. Joe is good people and he does know his stuff... he could do with a better product promotion campaign though. I've only shot a few of his suppressors and while impressed, I didn't have a chance to put them through some serious shooting to see how they hold up. I've thought about buying a couple of his suppressors to test.

I did hear a very interesting rumor yesterday I'll share here. There is a company in Switzerland called SST (Sound Suppression Technologies) who may be buying a place in Pennsylvania to produce their cans here. When overseas, I had a chance to shoot some guns with their suppressors mounted and they are world class all the way.

As a note, to date, they wouldn't sell to the US government due to the 68 sporting purpose clause in the 68 GCA... Maybe this is their end around.

Mike

21 - 26 of 26 Posts