Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in an alloy commander. While many bser's TALK about "always carrying" a full size and wt .45 auto, they are LYING about it.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I often carry an M1911A1. I have several holster for it, depending upon the occasion.

I'll often wear it in an SO-Tech thigh holster around the house, out on the property, when out on hikes, backpacking, etc.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Some, who aren't never-will-bes, DO carry full-sized pistols. It's not that hard, really. But then again, we CAN. And no, +p .45 ACP is NOT hard to control (Glock 36). There ARE people out there that can shoot well with something better than a .22

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
That was my standard IPSC load for my Gov't Model, back when I shot IPSC. Its not hard to control at all actually. I've shots tens of thousands of them.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Magnum, I've shot the 36 also. Not hard at all to control. That polymer frame does real well. Of course gunkid's thinking is 30 to 40 years out of date and he has not real idea what is done today.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Here in Arizona, you can carry a loaded pistol, legally with no permit whatsoever, out in public so long as it isn't conceiled and it's holstered.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
mrostov, don't you also have a CCW permit availability?
if so, do you have to specify which weapons can be carried CCW? Like in NV, you have to select up to two CCW weapons, and have them registered by serial number. Any weapons can be carried openly.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Magnum, AZ is a shall issue state - out of state people can even get a ccw permit providing that they take the 16hr class within the state.

We don't have to list any weapons on the permit, if it's legal, it can be carried.

cheers

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
If y'all make it legal to shoot the mexicans pouring across the border I might move there. . .

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, I"ve BEEN in Az quite a bit, saw NOBODY carrying openly. I asked about it at several Phoenix Gunshops, they said it's a good way to go to jail, in THAT town, at least. It constitutes"disturbing the peace", if ANYONE alleges such.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
u flinch too, liar, when using hot loads without ear protection, in rapidfire. EVERYBODY does, to a greater or lesser extent. You simply can't help it, anymore than you can prevent batting your eyes when somebody slaps your face,ACTUAL pain is NOT a subconscious thing, and regardless of whether or not you NOTICE it, in a fight, the blast IS hurting your eardrums, **********.

You don't even know what REAL control of a pistol IS, since you have no shootig timer, don't know how fast it really can be done. :)

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
What does this:
230 gr, 900 fps is REALLY hard to control, in an alloy commander.
Have to do with this:
While many bser's TALK about "always carrying" a full size and wt .45 auto, they are LYING about it.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Magnum88C said:
If y'all make it legal to shoot the mexicans pouring across the border I might move there. . .

i am MORE THAN CLOSE to doing it[just not worth my time right now!]

although, if if i ever catch another, with a pack of CASH hot footin' it, he's

HA,HA,HA,,,,,,going down also!

CASH IS COOL :cool:

THANKS.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Magnum88C said:
mrostov, don't you also have a CCW permit availability?
if so, do you have to specify which weapons can be carried CCW? Like in NV, you have to select up to two CCW weapons, and have them registered by serial number. Any weapons can be carried openly.
What Krept said.

In AZ if you pass the class, you get the permit and it's good for ANYTHING .... so long as it's legal, which is too bad since a couple of grenades would balance out an M1911 quite nicely.

By anything they mean knives, NFA legal machineguns, pistols with NFA legal suppressors, swords, gas, flails, nunchucks, throwing stars, derringers, NFA legal sawed off shotguns - you name it. Basically whatever you feel froggy about packing around that day. The State doesn't get to know what your on-board personal arsenal is.

There aren't many weapons that aren't legal in Arizona. The owner of Dillon's reloading (their store is up near the Scottsdale airport) owns a a real, genuine, functioning quad .50 motorized turret with four, real, functioning .50BMG machineguns. There's more than one mini-gun in private hands in AZ, and amongst the wealthier set in AZ owning a real machinegun is something of a status symbol. The current going price for an M-16A1, one of the more economical machineguns on the market, is about $6000 to $7000.

There are several ClassIII shops you can just go into and look at stuff for sale, like an FN-MAG or an MG-42. Mandel's has a fully functioning 20mm Lahti sitting as the centerpiece of the store. There's even a place or two with a range where you can rent a machinegun to get in some full auto range time.

Without the permit you can pack, loaded and ready to rock and roll, openly on your person and in your car.

I remember this one attempted carjacking where the guy was packing a .44mag revolver. He was beating the <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font> out of the two Mexicans who wanted his new Corvette, when one went back to his van to get a shotgun. The Whiteman then pulled out the .44mag and cut loose. One Mexican died on the spot and the other ran down the street to the hospital where he had to have both arms amputated.

Then there was the Black who tried to do an armed carjacking of a guy waiting to get on the on-ramp to the freeway. The motorist, without a second thought, fired right through the window with a .357mag. His ears were ringing but the carjacker died on the spot.

Breaking into an occupied dwelling in AZ, armed or not, is grounds for use of lethal force. If someone attacks you, or another person for that matter, whether they have a gun or not is irrelevant, you can blow them away.

In AZ, you can simply buy any non-NFA weapon with an instant background check and walk out, but if you have a CCW, then no instant background check is needed, they just use your CCW ID number, you pay for the weapon, and you walk out with it. Most gun shops want you to wait till you are outside the store before you load it.

It's also legal here to do any private transaction that doesn't involve an FFL dealer paperless and off record provided that it's not an NFA weapon.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I wonder if Ruger over in Prescott needs any tool & die makers?

HEY! I could also plink rattlers! :dgrin:
:madeuce:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Andy,
I don't blink when struck, I don't flinch when shooting, and why own a chrony when I have access to one on a daily basis? The only lying I do is when I pretend to be civil to you and your ilk in order to promote tranquility and avoid scaring the horses.
SatCong

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
yeah, I"ve BEEN in Az quite a bit, saw NOBODY carrying openly. I asked about it at several Phoenix Gunshops, they said it's a good way to go to jail, in THAT town, at least. It constitutes"disturbing the peace", if ANYONE alleges such.
Wrong. Why you may have been in arizona. Some of us actually live here, year round. I've been in AZ for 24 years.

I openly carry regularly. No one, other than visitors and people have moved here from somewhere else even care.

It isn't that unusual to see someone wearing a holster.

There are places, which are posted, where it is ilegal to carry open or concealed. (like schools, federal buildings, etc.)

:devil:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
In fairness, I've lived around Phoenix for probably 8 years and have seen under 20 people carrying openly in real life... meaning they aren't at the range, aren't at a gunshop or gunshow, etc... just going about their daily business. Of those, about a fourth of them are what we would probably associate with the gangbanger clique. Interestingly (but not surprisingly) these people are probably the most mellow of the bunch, not giving off "I'm a bad mfkr!" vibes or stinkeye, etc.

I've carried openly only a couple of times. Basically before I had my CCW permit and when I had to go to not-so-good places downtown to drop something off or pick up an inlaw. Although it was comforting, I was uneasy because it made me feel like I was attracting too much attention. For me, discretion is paramount, especially because I live in a suburban community.

Mandel's has a fully functioning 20mm Lahti sitting as the centerpiece of the store.
Did you know that they're closing up shop? I guess Marty had some health issues and his kids decided not to take the reins of the store. Crazy, they had a great collection, but some high prices. One place that I'd like to check out is Scottsdale Gun Center... full auto G36 sounds like fun.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
u'll do a LOT more than blink if I hit you. You'll drop like a rock, and you're LYING about not flinching in rapidfire, without ear protection, unless you are DEAF

1 - 20 of 41 Posts