Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and buddy, that is PLENTY hard enough to see to it that you dont do CRAP to anyone who is 450m away from you. You can flop around a bit, then you bleed out, and DIE, and that's ALL you do. 450 m, right 223 load still has the SAME 500 odd ft lbs of the 4" 357, using the much-ballyhooed 125 gr jhp. It has 1800 fps, so it still EXPANDS that 75 gr VMax sp, USING ALL of that 530 ft lbs in your chest. You are then a GONER, dude.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hmmm, JD advocating another foot of barrel..... maybe he's finally learning something. :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I see gunkid finaly ditched his CAR pos and decided on a good all around rifle. About time.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, dumbass, MENTIONING some FACTS is NOT the same thing as "advocating" anything. Just pointing out that the 223 is still VERY capable at 500 yds. That is NOT the same thing as saying you need to or SHOULD do any shooting at 500 yds, dumbass. Learn how to READ.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
a match .233 is capable at 500 yards, but a POS 11 inch CAR isn't capable past 10 ft.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have a 24" heavy barrel AR 15 .223 AI Varmint rifle it wieghs a couple pounds more than my scout scoped M1A.

I don't see the point, are you going to carry a 24" AR15 varmint ifle now LOL?

I would recommend a 16" lw AR for backpack & personal SHTF and a 20" gov profile with flat top and ACOG for a single, general purpose rifle, if going with an AR in that role.

I suppose you are now advocating single feeding 80 grainers too?

Teuf,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts