Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Melvin, I have a very close friend whom I shoot with on a regular basis with a S&W M1917. Once or twice a year he and I will hit a match and use his Model 1917 against my M625. Generally the loser buys lunch. It is surprising how well someone who actually practices can do with a revolver. By the way some of those prices are ridiculous! Where you found them to be 50x that makes me wonder what you have been smoking!

Reactions: BigBassMan

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
What was 25 cents? Half moon clips? I spent a whole 50 cents for them 10 years ago. Inflation? The S&W M1917 still shoots great. Certainly wouldn't feel poorly armed with it. Of course it's not a chopped BM.

Attachments

Reactions: Garand

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you wont have one of those clunks any place you couldn't have a taken down AR.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Melvin, grow up, the AR is not end all, be all. Your lack of flexibility in regards to different firearms makes you look like an idiot!

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Terry, when I intend to use the 625 at a match, I generally have 100 6 rd moon clips loaded. I don't want to get caught short handed, then I don't have to reload them when I need to be thinking about shooting the match.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I don't have that many, a couple dozen and a tool for removing the empty cases was like $12.00. It's good to know how to handle a big bore revolver.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
I got a moon clip stripper tool from Brownells and a California Competition loading tool for loading live rounds. But I just prefer loading clips at my reloading bench then on the range during a match.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts