Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
using a borrowed Gold Cup and x draw rig, and firing one hand only. My buddy wouldn't let me shoot freestyle, cause it would depress all the new shooters, at the new club he was trying to get started. I also got 18 plates with a dehorned M36 Snub, and an ankle rig, from concealment, on a "reshoot' of the same match. I wasn't exactly being "serious" about the match, ya see. 8" plates are pretty small marks at 20 and 25 yds, for a .38 snub, under a time-limit.

6 plates per "run", 2 runs at each of 10,15, 20, 25 yds. 6,7,8,9 seconds, respectively.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4" 357 is SO hard to control, Libourel was PROUD

of having double tapped each of 3 torsos, (not all that good hits, either) 1 yard apart, in 4 seconds, using full charge ammo, in 4 full seconds, WITHOUT a draw. He didn't specify the start position, but it was probably timed from the first shot. :) From low ready, with same recoil-momentum loads, same wt and length gun, a 1911 man who is worth a hoot could do same thing in 2 seconds flat.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so WHY be twice as slow as you need to be? Why give man #3 or more seconds to shoot at you, instead of just 1.5 seconds, hmm?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
First of all, what range was libourel shooting at?

Second,m you insisted on another thread that you'll never have to shoot the third guy, so why do you care how long it takes to hit him?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts