Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a small definition of terms here... I hear and read about people that think thier .35 Wheelen, .350RemMag or .338 anything is a "Big Bore". BS. Big Bores START @ 9.5mm! Medium bores:.270" to <.375 and small bores 4.5mm to .270". Right?:)
anodes.

· Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RichZ, Oh, I dion't know... The .50BMG is a rather exclusive club. One I've been tempted to jion on occasion!;) One that may severly limit posting by those otherwise interested. Still it would be hard to argue that .375" and up isn't "big bore". My only point. Thanks for the forum.
anodes.

· Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: fun is beating other men at the matches

Unregistered said:
If all I want to do is make noise, and watch things move, firecrackers suffice. Personally, I prefer guns that make little or no noise at all. They are a lot more useful, and a lot easier to hit with, swiftly.
Seems that you won't have much interest in posting here, then would you?:rolleyes:
anodes.

· Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Webslave, I noticed that. But I'm not done yet!;)

jamullins, My point exactly! Your wrong, but my point exactly! Recoil, case volume, action type, bullet wieght, "noise", distance to target and overall rifle wieght have nothing to do with the former or current title of this Forum! "BORE" has everything to do with it. And when you take a .33 cal bullet and stick it on a .378Wea case all you've done is turn a true "Big Bore" cartridge into a Medium Bore cartridge!

It is my assertion that the term "Big Bore" starts with a bore @ or greater than 9.5mm or .375" regardless of case volume, recoil, projectile wieght, action type, report, distance to target or even the quantity of "dead enemies"! And a .33" or .35" aint it!:)
anodes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.