Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because the outside of the .22 barrel liner can't be larger in OD than about .300". The bore diameter of 308 is about .302", and you need at least .002" to keep the liner from getting stuck in the bore. Cut a .223" bore thru a .300" od rod, and you have .077", and the wall thickness of the liner is only half that thick. So you end up .038" walls, you can bend that liner like a pretzel in you bare hands. If you don't CAREFULLY install the chamber-insert in the chamber (relative to the numbers on a clock) you will get WILD variations in POI on the target.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Whatever, what we want to know is if you are going to give me your address or are you coming out here at all? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mike

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The .22 unit is only a requirement for you. I don't need one. I'll carry a .22 pistol if I need a .22 for foraging.

So will you be giving Hard Rock the address?

Or will you continue to pretend the issue isn't out in the open for everyone to see?

No matter how badly you wish this would all go away, it isn't until you do one of two things - give HR the info and go, or admit you are not going, that your bluff has been called and you lost.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Besides being a liar and a coward, gk is an ignorant expert. H&K makes a dandy 22 conversion unit for the H&K 91.

Come on gunkid, give the address or admit that you are a liar and a pantywaist.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I TOLD you, if my old buddy in Ill doesn't respond soon, I'll give you another addy. Actually, I'll give you one now, but I aint flying. Send the check to box 721295. Norman, OK 73069. It will get to me. If you send a ticket, I'll have my buddy just send it back, or tear it up. I aint flying.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy, your excuses are those of a spineless weakling without manhood. A wannabe poser. Dig the deepest hole you can, jump in and then pull it in after you. Bah!

RIKA

·
Registered
280 Posts
22 conv

I believe the Canadian military had a 22 conversion for the Lee Enfield in .303 caliber(mark 4) and then for the Fn C1(7.62x51) If my memory serves me correctly the Army cadets back home in Halifax get their first shooting experience with the out of service Enfield's in the basement of the Halifax armory. These Cadets are known as the 2841 Halifax rifles. I would figure Garand would know about this better than I would.

·
Registered
9,701 Posts
The FN C1 has a very nice .22 conversion kit, the rifle breaks down easily, can be fired with one hand, but is difficult to handle if your a coward, wuss or California girly man. Oh ya, you can get them with a suppressor!

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
andy said:
because the outside of the .22 barrel liner can't be larger in OD than about .300". The bore diameter of 308 is about .302", and you need at least .002" to keep the liner from getting stuck in the bore. Cut a .223" bore thru a .300" od rod, and you have .077", and the wall thickness of the liner is only half that thick. So you end up .038" walls, you can bend that liner like a pretzel in you bare hands. If you don't CAREFULLY install the chamber-insert in the chamber (relative to the numbers on a clock) you will get WILD variations in POI on the target.

Well the FN C1 has a conversion so that kind of ruins that bit of info you provided(nice pic Garand) . Have you ever heard of alloys? There are various metal alloys that will provide extreme strength and High wear characteristics.
I know of one in perticular I know it as 1055 forging Has a Brinell hardness of 318-330 The melting point is 1391 degrees F The material is "workable" meaning Machineable,boreable and either button rifled or hammer forged. It is of moderate weight yet has a high bulk density meaning is is less porous resulting in less heat absorpition better heat release. Resulting in less wear warping ect. My buddy Pete would have some more and probably better alloys off the the top of his head but he is currently in Korea (south). Ya see Pete Job is to make sure the welding done in nuclear power plants can handle extreme pressures.Some of piping used in these plants are made from very exotic alloys. So when it comes to metals I will ask him when he gets home for Christmas.

And before you bring up the cost issue remember this "you do get what you pay for"

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Boy, funny about those FAL-pattern rifles, they can do anything Goonkid thinks his dream POS can.

One other feature, because of the adjustable gas system, the FAL is one of the lightest recoiling .308s

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
I TOLD you, if my old buddy in Ill doesn't respond soon, I'll give you another addy. Actually, I'll give you one now, but I aint flying. Send the check to box 721295. Norman, OK 73069. It will get to me. If you send a ticket, I'll have my buddy just send it back, or tear it up. I aint flying.
Send him a train ticket.

Of course he's going to puss out of anything you offer because he's too much of a punk to do anything but run his shit hole over the 'net.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I will dream of that FN C1 tonight. Is there a civilian version available?

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The .22 unit is a neat gizmo for the AR-15/M-16 rifles, but for few others does the concept work out well. With other rifles, like the FAL and the M-14, it's better just to carry a .22 pistol.

A good, lightweight match for something like an M-14 would be a Ruger .22/45 polymer frame with a Pac-Lite aluminum upper and stainless steel sleeved aluminum barrel.

·
Registered
9,701 Posts
My match would be a NM M1A with a Ruger Mk1 Bull Barrel.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Those anodized guns are a sin. Good God, makes them look like those cheesy paint guns, opps, I forgot, paint MARKERS. LOL

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hey! Those paint ball guns can be fun. Fun until you get shot in the head with one. One on one with my Son in my woods. I got the drop on him and couldn't pull the trigger, couldn't even AIM at him. He shot me in the head (above my protective mask) I saw star's and quit playing. Ungrateful little wretch! I tried it again with strangers in teams, but it brings back too many memories. I like plunking trees with it, though.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yeah, I did paintball when I was young also. It is a lot of fun, even with the bruises and welts. I just don't like real guns that look like paint guns, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
andy said:
.30 cals CAN'T have a decent .22lr unit because the outside of the .22 barrel liner can't be larger in OD than about .300". ...
That's funny, Ciener makes them and his company has a good reputation.

·
Registered
9,701 Posts
Melvin just can't get it right.

Reactions: BigEd and Dorobuta
1 - 20 of 20 Posts