Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and they had him encircled, in Grand Canyone National Park. He never fired a shot at them, and without their radios and phone's, they'd never have caught him. you think a dozen guys are going to catch someone who's silently shooting them? :) You think you are going to HAVE more than a dozen guys who WANT to chase somebody ,and who CAN leave their families, for what is highly likely to take months, and is certainly a suicide mission for most of you? :)

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
AWWWWWWW!! The fantasy continues.....................

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Besides they won't be looking for someone in "an area" they'll know where he's going from, since that's likely where he'll be pursued from. Give it up, it won't take a week, much less a month to track you down and leave your skinned carcass where everyone can see.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Actually it was about 400 men, mostly Arizona personnel, that was involved in the hunt for Horning.

The search for Horning lasted 55 days. In the end, even though he had a .357mag, he surrendered meekly and peacefully, hiding under a gezebo, after a housewife spotted him getting a drink from a hose.

He was 33 years old, had excellent field craft skills, had already extensively hiked and camped the terrain, having grown up in the area, and he was in the physical condition of a marathon athlete.

He was also a dirtbag.

Daniel Ray "Rambo" Horning escaped from the Arizona State Prison in Florence, a small town to the southeast of Phoenix on Tuesday, May 12, 1992.

Danny Ray Horning is now rotting on California's Death Row at San Quentin. After they caught him he announced proudly that he would escape again. They kept him under close watch and maximum lockdown ever since then.

He was serving four consecutive life sentences in Arizona for aggravated assault, robbery, and kidnapping, all involving a 1991 bank robbery in the small town of Winslow, Arizona.

A career criminal and life long burgler, several other States had cases against him but stopped pursuing it after he went to jail for life in Arizona. One case that was never proven is where a fishing boat he was on in Alaska suspiciously sank, killing some people, the day after he left the crew.

After he was re-captured, he was extradited to California where he was indicted on a much older case where a Stockton man was bludgeoned to death in a robbery and dismembered. He was convicted of 1st degree murder and sentenced to death.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, right, marathon conditioning, while eating STATE PRISON FOOD. you are so fos you don't have a clue to how BADLY you stink. :)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
He had been incarcerated less than a year, worked out, was young, and was in great shape when he showed up.

BTW, he escaped by picking up a medical smock that someone had carelessly left laying around that had an ID badge. He put it on and simply walked right out the front gate of Florence, one of the most secure prisons in Arizona.

Needless to say, some people lost their jobs over that one.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
State prison food? Gunkid thinks that horse*hit is going to make gunkid Mr. Atlas? Gunkid you have a bad back, 50 years old, afraid to go more than 1/2 day in the field, no map or compass skills, no bugout bag (except what you wrote down, not packed, 30 years ago.)

I think you project yourself as being what you see others do. They call that living through someone elses life. You sit back, read about these things, and then think you are just as capable. It's your way of escaping reality. Pretty sad case you are.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Hhaaaaaaaa!

Teufelhund said:
Whats your E&E record look like JD?

Teuf,

how true! :sobstory: :shrugs:

that WAS FUNNY.
semper fi

thanks.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
After an alleged 10 days he was crying to the police for 3 hots and a cot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Danny Ray horning

Danny Ray Horning Is a no good pig and shouldn't be breathing on this planet . Before he murdered my cousin in Stockton he served a year in prison for raping his adolescent daughter. I don't how anyone can write about him like he is some modern day Rambo, Danny Ray Horning is a Pig and I look forward to the day when I can sit outside the death Chamber at San Quintin and watch as the life is drained from his body. My only regret is that his Brother Steve isn't in there with him, they both killed my cousin . I will crack open a bottle of Champagne and drink a toast to justice for my Family when Danny Ray Horning is finally punished for what he has done.

dmstrmac1

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Mac, the idiot who started this post....MANY years ago i might add, is a criminal himself, who is now serving time in Federal Prison. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Danny Ray Horning Is a no good pig and shouldn't be breathing on this planet . Before he murdered my cousin in Stockton he served a year in prison for raping his adolescent daughter. I don't how anyone can write about him like he is some modern day Rambo, Danny Ray Horning is a Pig and I look forward to the day when I can sit outside the death Chamber at San Quintin and watch as the life is drained from his body. My only regret is that his Brother Steve isn't in there with him, they both killed my cousin . I will crack open a bottle of Champagne and drink a toast to justice for my Family when Danny Ray Horning is finally punished for what he has done.

dmstrmac1
sorry for your loss.

but as for wanting to see him in the "chamber", well you will have a very long wait, as most on death row here in ca, die of old age.

there are some 650 - 700 waiting for there day in the box. the anties get there way very good on this issue.:unhappy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts