Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

.300BO Case from 5.56 Case Indepth Video

359 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dorobuta 
#1 ·
Some if this has been discussed here previously and this is approximately 4 years old.
But it makes a great visual for the process.

#2 ·
Great way to avoid the cost of factory brass.

#3 ·
Yeah, and I've got more 5.56NATO than I have a count of. I keep picking it up at the public ranges.
And I have also found a little bit of .300BO so far. Although that I'll be using to set my dies and a little basic load experimentation.
I'd like to craft up 500rds of whatever load is the most accurate. I'm hoping for something in the mid to heavy end of the spectrum like 150 to 225grs.

#5 ·
Yeah, and I've got more 5.56NATO than I have a count of. I keep picking it up at the public ranges.
And I have also found a little bit of .300BO so far. Although that I'll be using to set my dies and a little basic load experimentation.
I'd like to craft up 500rds of whatever load is the most accurate. I'm hoping for something in the mid to heavy end of the spectrum like 150 to 225grs.
I really like loading 125 gr bullets for my .300 - it seems to be a very good compromise between speed and weight. It kills coyotes, Javelina, and coues deer perfectly.

#4 ·
I made probably close to 500 rounds by cutting down 5.56 brass. I did it in batches. I bought I little cutoff saw on Amazon. And got a jig from somewhere else. I cut all the cases a little long on purpose. Then I sized them in small batches and trimmed to length in other sittings .
then each case was checked with. Drop in case checker. I probably had a rest rate of about 1%. I chalked that up to me getting tired when doing a batch.

the saw I bought looks exactly like the one in the video

I was lucky enough that at one range session, a guy two benches down from me didn’t reload. I was able to pick up another 300 rounds of once fired brass. I also tend to buy sub-sonics and only load supers.

I load over H110.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.