Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does out there, or like a Stinger .22lr from a rifle does up close. :) 10" 223 and a good SP beats it all to hell.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
You keep reflexively belittling a round I like (and a round that's mathematically a fairly decent option), and I'm going to feel obligated to keep reminding you of your own words.

One of your basic premises is that we don't "need" to shoot at 200 yards; this is just the first and easiest example I found:

223fan said:
"...AVOID people, silent .22 ambush nearly everyone that you HAVE to shoot..."
So if you can "silent ambush nearly everyone that you HAVE to shoot" with a .22LR, it means they're almost certainly within 50-100 yards; 150 at the outside.

So, if as you say, you don't "need" to shoot that far, what a bullet does at 200+ yards is irrelevant.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I"m aware of that, John, but lots of fools here AINT. :) The 10" 223 and SP's make the 30C and ball look SICK by comparison. The 10" 223 hits harder at 200m than does 30C ball at 50m, because at 50m, the .30c only has 800 ft lbs and it wastes 1/3rd of that on overpenetration, has no temporary cavity effect, etc. Yet there's idiots here who 'think" a 10" 223 is nothing but a pistol. :) They claim it might as well be a .22 mag rimfire. I got a news flash, the 10" 223 hits as hard at 250m as a .22 mag rifle hits at the muzzle.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
>30 Carbine ball kills men quite well at 200 meters and that's what it was designed to do, be very effective at ranges from one inch to 200 meters.The 10 inch ,223 is inefective at any range with either ball or SP ammunition You simply have no grasp of terminal ballistics.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hard Ball said:
>30 Carbine ball kills men quite well at 200 meters and that's what it was designed to do, be very effective at ranges from one inch to 200 meters.The 10 inch ,223 is inefective at any range with either ball or SP ammunition You simply have no grasp of terminal ballistics.
Hard Ball, you shouldn't point out such SMALL INCONSISTENCIES in NUTTY JOHN'S posts. After all, NUTTY JOHN has a reputation to maintain ...

Oh Yeah, a reputation for beig the BIGGEST IDIOT on the Internet.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Mea culpa, mea culpa, Bill! But I am sure that Gk will find it in his heart to forgive me!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
He's still stuck on the already disproven myth of depositing energy.

Fackler has already demonstrated this to be false.

So has GunKid with his hit in the belt buckle by a .45, unless he was lying about it.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
LOLOL :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yeha I wan tcoroboration of tha tone. GK hit in the buckle.

I here by raise the BS flag on that one.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
U R on u'r own, TARD! i have tried, to half-assed refleck a few[slim] positive/salient features on the doable posts given!

but , it can't be done, ol' boy [mister 160]

i wish you fare-well/the screamin'shits

:wavey:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts