Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and that's for those in OLYMPIC condition, who know enough to keep the gun and armor wt total under 20 lbs. 4 lb pack, 6 lbs of water, 2 lbs each rations, tools, spare clothing, you real quick start running out of room or wt-carrying ability, dummies. 14 lbs left for shelter, sleeping gear, water treatment, medical care, lighting, fire-starting, info-carrying, injury-prevention, personal-sanitation, long term food-aquisition, etc. You don't have a clue about how to acheive all that with just 4 lbs of gear. You "think" you need a 6 lb tent, 5 lbs of sleeping bag and cover, leaves you with a whopping 3 lbs left for EVERYTHING else. Just because you THINK you know something doesn't mean that others aint LIGHT years ahead of you.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
You obviously want to talk about this topic. So post a detailed kit list of what you have packed AT THIS MOMENT and we will discuss it. Pictures would be nice also.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
and that's for those in OLYMPIC condition, who know enough to keep the gun and armor wt total under 20 lbs. 4 lb pack, 6 lbs of water, 2 lbs each rations, tools, spare clothing, you real quick start running out of room or wt-carrying ability, dummies. 14 lbs left for shelter, sleeping gear, water treatment, medical care, lighting, fire-starting, info-carrying, injury-prevention, personal-sanitation, long term food-aquisition, etc. You don't have a clue about how to acheive all that with just 4 lbs of gear. You "think" you need a 6 lb tent, 5 lbs of sleeping bag and cover, leaves you with a whopping 3 lbs left for EVERYTHING else. Just because you THINK you know something doesn't mean that others aint LIGHT years ahead of you.
It's always a fascinating study in psychology to see someone talk with great authority and confidence about something which they know absolutely nothing and have zero experience in.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What gun and armor combo do you use to stay under the 20lb mark? How do half day field excersises get you into "Olympic Condition". "Whats in Your Wallet?", What do you havew packed TODAY?, RIGHT NOW?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where do you get the "half day" bs? I said I never carried a service rifle much more than half a day, very often. I did NOT say, dumbass that I'd never spent weeks on end in the field. I just didn't bother with a longarm for many of those excursions.

I keep the gun and ammo under 16 lbs, dumbass, so as to leave room for 4 lbs of concealable armored vest and groin protector. I've got it ALL packed, dumbass, Unlike you bozos.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
You have boasted about how all your 1/2 days in the field made you so knowledgeable....

:devil:

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Come on then, list the kit that you have packed AT THIS MOMENT!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Half elf said:
What gun and armor combo do you use to stay under the 20lb mark?
LOL, he supposedly carries 3 cobbled up guns and a total of about 200 rounds, 100 of which are rimfires. Hell, he even has to ditch one of his AR mags at the outset because it would weigh too much.

Oh yeah, Olympic shape. . .lol, he's old and fat, and has never seen anyone in olympic shape, much less been anywhere near it.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Andy,if your back problems permit it,start training again.What you may or may not carry is important;carrying&handling yourself is at LEAST as important.Light works,but if yu need it and don't have it.....

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Olympic shape and just 30 lbs? I guess Rangers, Seals, SF, Delta team members, etc... must be in some kind of super 'Olympic' shape cause they sure carry more than 30 lbs besides weapons and they hump that stuff for weeks!

Sounds like gunkid's a wussy.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
So felon you have body armor packed in there. Someone want to let his parole office know about this? Should see him sent right back for felon in possession of armor.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Oh hell, didn't you see where he claims to wear his body armor 24/7? Oh yes, he sleeps with a gun belted on, full armor on. Yep, right.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
andy said:
...I never carried a service rifle much more than half a day, very often...

...I just didn't bother with a longarm for many of those excursions.

Not trying to stir the crap, but you can't have it both ways. You've said yourself:

223 fan said:
...So why PLAN on being stupid enough to not KEEP your autorifle at HAND, hmm?...

...you MIGHT need to sling a lw compact rifle a lot, and lay it aside (within REACH) now and then...
Either it's important to for the gun to be kept at hand as you said in the above two posts, or it's ok to not "bother" with it, as you say in the top post. Field excursions done with training or learning in mind need to be kept as realistic as possible, and leaving the rifle (or any major piece of kit) behind is to be avoided.

andy said:
I keep the gun and ammo under 16 lbs, dumbass, so as to leave room for 4 lbs of concealable armored vest and groin protector. I've got it ALL packed, dumbass, Unlike you bozos.
I actually agree with you on keeping weight as low as possible, if there's a possibility of needing to hump it on my back; that just makes sense.

FWIW, this particular bozo's ghb stays packed as well; all except the armor. That's because I actually wear it on occasion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts