Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm loading 200 Grain LBT-Style cast bullets. Has anyone done heavier, or a different profile (Keith maybe?) in 200 Grains? I'll be buying a mold, but at the price for a custom mold, I want to get exactly what I need. Not interested in anything lighter than 200 Grains.

DC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not to put a damper on your plans, but have you ever weighed your bullets from the factory?
I can't remember what I had at the time, but out of one box of speer I found a wide range of difference from -12 grains lite to +10 grains heavy.
Just like anything else Lead weight will vary depending on the mix.

Good luck on it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what my bullets, both commercial and hand cast, weigh. I've never seen a variance like those Speers you had. I would suspect somebody was asleep in QC that day. That is definitely not the norm.

I'm not particularly a fan of the .357, but have reason to load heavy bullets - quite a few of them, enough to justify a mold.

DC

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, now that a few more folks are showing up, maybe somebody has some comments/experience???? I'm loading the 200 Grain LBT with Alliant 2400 Powder. I'd like to maybe go a little heavier, probably staying with a WFN profile, but possibly a Keith-style. I know Veral Smith isn't overfond of Keiths, but he's Mr. LBT. Can't justify two molds, so I have to decide what I want.

DC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts