Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
especially in a snubby. Whoopee, 650 fps, 148 gr bullet, no expansion and 130 whoopee ft lbs of "power". 22 Stinger, from a rifle, has 160 ft lbs, and nobody considers it to amount to a crap as a manstopper. so why consider wussy loads in a .38 snub to be any better than a good .22lr pocket auto? Both are nothing but a bluff.

Put a real load in the .38 snub, and it's .40 second splits in between hits. Sheesh, what a loser of a combo.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The snub works quite well with the right loads. Read some modern magazines for a change.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I think that a Winchester Silvertip Hollow point out of my S&W M15(2") will out perform my Ruger Bull Barrel with Stingers. Besides I'm too lazy to pull out the appropriate Ammunition Guides from Winchester and CCI.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
The .38 wadcutter will make a larger, deeper hole. Besides who carries target loads for CCW? Even if someone carried a wadcutter, no doubt it would be a full power load.

Once again, CowardKid has to compare a handgun (snubbie at that) to a rifle to try and make his pet look good.

FPE isn't everything, or even a majority.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got to disagree

Well after being a peace officer for 15 years I have seen dozens and dozens of individuals shot with .22's and .38 wad cutters. By far more damage was done by the wad cutters. The majority of folks shot with .22's were still fully functional. Of course a lot has to do with shot placement. You get hit in the heart or head with a .22 you are just as dead as if you were hit with a .45. However the .38 wad cutter causes much more tissue damage therefore the chances of the subject going down is greater.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts