Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
solid copper hp. Not a lot, but better than a 38 snub, more controlable, and a lot easier to hide in pocket. 8.7 recoil factor is about all that little gun can handle, and not fly out of your hand. I tried Lyman's 125 gr lrn at 1050 fps, 4.5 grs of Unique load in a 20 oz Star Pony 380, which is also a locked breech, and it was plumb vicious to try to control. I had to undercut the trigger guard, bob the hammer spur, and weld up a ducktail frame tang, just to be able to handle firing more than 1-2 mags of that stuff. A 13-factor recoil load in a 9 oz 380 is out of the question.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The .380 Keltec has no hammer spur to bob as it's an internal hammer. The frame is also a synthetic and not something which you can weld a 'ducktail' to.

Here's a picture of a Keltec .32ACP. The .380 ACP pistol is identical except that it holds one round less and has no mechanism for holding the slide back on the last round fired.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
That Keltec makes the prettiest music this side of a funeral.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
The P32 is a little gun, but it's a good little gun.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M21 is a good little gun, 1/20th the ammo cost,

SA trigger option, spare barrel that's threaded is available for it, costs less, hits just as "hard" as P32, etc.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Bigger holes are better...that said,i'd not feel naked with a hideout-sized(and RELIABLE) .22lr that I had SHOT OLTS with the carry ammo;gotta know where and how it shoots.
I know that cheap .380/.32 can be had for practice,but for some reason(although I lean towards service size + in a carry piece)but for some insane reason I just find that some of the micro.22scan be cboth FUN and Practical....nothing like an ace other than the one in your hand.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I agree gripper, bigger holes are better. A wounded hostile that still has a functional trigger finger is a threat to my personal safety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts