Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
solid copper hp. Not a lot, but better than a 38 snub, more controlable, and a lot easier to hide in pocket. 8.7 recoil factor is about all that little gun can handle, and not fly out of your hand. I tried Lyman's 125 gr lrn at 1050 fps, 4.5 grs of Unique load in a 20 oz Star Pony 380, which is also a locked breech, and it was plumb vicious to try to control. I had to undercut the trigger guard, bob the hammer spur, and weld up a ducktail frame tang, just to be able to handle firing more than 1-2 mags of that stuff. A 13-factor recoil load in a 9 oz 380 is out of the question.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The .380 Keltec has no hammer spur to bob as it's an internal hammer. The frame is also a synthetic and not something which you can weld a 'ducktail' to.

Here's a picture of a Keltec .32ACP. The .380 ACP pistol is identical except that it holds one round less and has no mechanism for holding the slide back on the last round fired.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
That Keltec makes the prettiest music this side of a funeral.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
The P32 is a little gun, but it's a good little gun.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M21 is a good little gun, 1/20th the ammo cost,

SA trigger option, spare barrel that's threaded is available for it, costs less, hits just as "hard" as P32, etc.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Bigger holes are better...that said,i'd not feel naked with a hideout-sized(and RELIABLE) .22lr that I had SHOT OLTS with the carry ammo;gotta know where and how it shoots.
I know that cheap .380/.32 can be had for practice,but for some reason(although I lean towards service size + in a carry piece)but for some insane reason I just find that some of the micro.22scan be cboth FUN and Practical....nothing like an ace other than the one in your hand.

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
I agree gripper, bigger holes are better. A wounded hostile that still has a functional trigger finger is a threat to my personal safety.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yes, this IS an OLD THREAD:

solid copper hp. Not a lot, but better than a 38 snub, more controlable, and a lot easier to hide in pocket. 8.7 recoil factor is about all that little gun can handle, and not fly out of your hand. I tried Lyman's 125 gr lrn at 1050 fps, 4.5 grs of Unique load in a 20 oz Star Pony 380, which is also a locked breech, and it was plumb vicious to try to control. I had to undercut the trigger guard, bob the hammer spur, and weld up a ducktail frame tang, just to be able to handle firing more than 1-2 mags of that stuff. A 13-factor recoil load in a 9 oz 380 is out of the question.
The .380 Keltec has no hammer spur to bob as it's an internal hammer. The frame is also a synthetic and not something which you can weld a 'ducktail' to.

Here's a picture of a Keltec .32ACP. The .380 ACP pistol is identical except that it holds one round less and has no mechanism for holding the slide back on the last round fired.

It appears that the subject changed mid-thought. The thread supposedly is about the Keltec, but mid thought he switches to a different pistol.

then later on, he disparages the theme of this thread with yet a third pistol choice.

Not really good with focus or even staying on topic.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
And at first he's making pronouncements as if he actually loaded those rounds and safely fired them without grenading the pistol.

I trust his advice on reloading about as much as I trust Joe Biden around little girls.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
The P32 is a little gun, but it's a good little gun.
This is one example of why we test, re-test, experiment, train, and keep notes. Because for a few months after getting the P32, I really did believe it was a good gun. Three broken hammer springs later, I now know better.

It's also an example of why a person should be willing to admit that they learned something new, or had a wrong first impression and had to revise their opinion.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
...M21 is a good little gun... costs less, hits just as "hard" as P32...
...a 2.5" barreled .22lr has just 65 ft lbs, barely lethal... ...there's no reason to settle for such a feeble gun. at the very least, get a keltec .32...
Same user, polar-opposite pontifications.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Everytime I either read or hear the word "hard" used someway in reference to Firearms or Ammunition performance I brace myself for an automatic eye roll from my internal BS response system.
More so when reading anything from Melvin's keyboard.🙄<-😁

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
It's even funnier when he does it in the same thread - you'll be out of ammo, but there will be plenty of dead with ammo you can re-supply from.
Reality says that if "the balloon goes up" it will be comes as you are! Betting your life that you will be able to forage or steal enough food, gear, ammunition or firearms indicates the individual is living in a fantasy world.

Reactions: Dorobuta
1 - 16 of 16 Posts