Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a bit marginal for guaranteeing AP performance with the large diameter slug, and there's really no reason to hit a guy with 700 ft lbs, when you can just as easily hit him with 800 ft lbs (ie, courtesy of the 460 Rowland)

My "wierdo" calibers offer a bit more performance against MEN, in ccw guns, that can PROFIT from it. In sporting arms, the diff in calibers is meansingless. The 2 calibers I advocate, 356 TSW and 460 Rowland, only require the addition of a "spare" (rechambered) barrel, using the same bullets, mags, reloading dies, holster, etc, as the more comnon, "practice" calibers.

The belt gun is of course just for fun and practice, anyway. The pocket pistols are the way to go. It's feasible to CARRY a pair of pocket pistols. It's only feasible to carry ONE rifle. So all your other calibers in rifle are basically bs, because you are counting upon LUCK letting you HAVE the "right" rifle and caliber for a given job. If you get to choose longarms and/or long arm calibers, you are not in a very serious situation at all, really.

If shtf, the only choosing of guns or loads you will get to do will be in what you take from the dead,or(much later) what you can barter-for. If it aint shtf, it aint very serious at all, for a civilian, or it aint a longarm situation. You wont HAVE a longarm, well over 90% of the time, in a civilian defensive scenario. WISHING you had a rifle won't make it so, so why bother with the bs quotations and games about "shooting your way to your rifle', with your pistol? you will either WIN with your pistol, or you will LOSE.

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
Please detail completely, your shooting experiences with the .356 TSW and the .460 Rowland! Or is this just something you read in a gun rag?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Ho-hum. Reading GK's babble makes me sleepy.

RIKA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts