Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
big Bowie right up your ass, crossways. :) break your leg, break your arm, 2-3 swings, and then do whatever I WANT. knife's a VERY poor weapon. So why weigh self down with a big one, hmm? NEED the walking stick, it's legal everywhere, punks can SEE it, and just go pick on somebody ELSE, and it's INSTANTLY effective, can' be used with both hands, and is useful for MANY other things. The other things that a knife does, can be done with an SOG Multitool, and many more things, besides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
What are talking about?

Who claimed the knife is a first choice for self-defence?

As far as it's utility outdoors, you are such a rookie woods clutz, I'm not even going to waste time discussing the subject with you.

Teuf,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
andy said:
big Bowie right up your ass, crossways. :) break your leg, break your arm, 2-3 swings, and then do whatever I WANT. knife's a VERY poor weapon.
Would that be before or after you get ghosted with pistol?

A knife has it's place. you only call it a poor weapon because it's obvious you don't know how to use one.

andy said:
So why weigh self down with a big one, hmm? NEED the walking stick, it's legal everywhere, punks can SEE it, and just go pick on somebody ELSE, and it's INSTANTLY effective, can' be used with both hands, and is useful for MANY other things.
You carry a strong knife because you need it for fieldcraft.

Define big? A knife with a 9" blade is maybe at the borderline of big. A knife with a 7" blade is medium size, not big.

If you don't know any this you need to go back to school.

andy said:
The other things that a knife does, can be done with an SOG Multitool, and many more things, besides.
No, it doesn't. Again, if you don't know this you need to go back to school.

You should have several cutting tools. Either a substantial knife that you can also chop with, or a skinning knife and a hatchet. Preferably all three.

Multitools? Who isn't carrying one?

And no, a straight razor is NOT a deer skinner unless you are truly desperate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
JD-

Reminds me you still have your skachet(SP?) don't you?

Would it be possible to post a pic or a drawing of it?

IIRC, yours is a bit different than the on Charter Arms sold.

If you don't want to mess with a pic how about a description of it's size, profile and length of handle you'd use on it?

Just curious as how it compares to one tomahawk I have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
So, John, you're now 'Friar Tuck of the apocalypse'?

He jumps forward with his stick, "Parry knave!"

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

(sound of a stick, empty shell casings, and a body hitting the ground)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
Encounters like that is why I've pondered with the idea of paying the $5 stamp tax and getting/making a Mad Max special in 12ga.

Before the NFA was passed, Ithaca was marketing a doublebarrel "motorist's pistol". They found that most people could handle a 20ga double barrel pistol.

"Parry knave!"

BOOM! BOOM!

(stick disintegrates, a bloody rags in roughly human form flops backwards, hitting the ground with a heavy thud.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,890 Posts
mrostov said:
Before the NFA was passed, Ithaca was marketing a doublebarrel "motorist's pistol". They found that most people could handle a 20ga double barrel pistol.
Yeah, but do you know how friggin LOUD that would be in a car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Yeah, but do you know how friggin LOUD that would be in a car?
Better deaf than dead :)

Probably was a good idea to try and have the end of the muzzle past the open window if you could. Otherwise you might not hear so good for a couple of days.

Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,890 Posts
Then again, you might not have to shoot, point that thing at someone and they're in for a new set of breeches.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top