Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by the simple technique of hollowbasing ball bullets and loading them to velocities appropriate for the reduced wt fo the bullet, and the increased powder space.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Try reading newer magazines, there is lots of updated knowledge there.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah? Well, TELL me about ONE article pointing out how to get even FIVE HUNDRED ft lbs out of a 9x19, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hell, if I didn't figure you'd blow yourself up, I'd give you a load that'll get over 500 ftlb with a 147 grain JHP (1250 fps). Loading to +P+, 147 grains, I'm getting about 550 ftlb, and not with some lightweight bullet that'll just break skin and stop.

DC

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why don't you hold a skin in front of you,let me trip off a 2200 fps, 55 gr 9mm bullet at it. you will be completely safe. It's just STUPID to bother with trying to get real power out of a belt 9mm. Why limt yourself to a 9, when you can have a 460 in a belt gun? Why settle for 600 ft lbs, when you can have 800 ft lbs?

The whole IDEA of the 9, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>,is that it's the most power you can CONTROL in a pocket gun. In a BELT gun, you can do much better, powerwise. In fact, the 70 gr, 2300 fps 460 load has no more recoil than 147 grs at 1300 fps, which is your pathetic little 9mm load (550 ft lbs) My 460 load has 800 ft lbs, is AP, offers 3 separate wound tracks per hit ,and also offers the temporary cavity's ability to damage fragile chest organs not actually touched by the bullet or the segments of the bullet. You are 20 years+ behind the curve, dude. 150 gr 357's, at 1300 fps, did NOTHING special, so such 9mm loads will do NOTHING special,either.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Not trying to make it do anything special, just pointing out that I routinely get over 500 ftlb from a 9MM.

If your little scenario of every man for himself ever does come true, 9MM ammunition will be widely available. Where you going to find your beloved .460 Rowland ammo, hmmmm? I'm not familiar with the round, but I assume it headspaces on the case mouth. That means that .45ACP won't work in a gun chambered for the Rowland.

I don't normally carry a 9, I usually have a Blackhawk in .45 Colt on my belt, but don't denigrate the 9. It works real good for its intended purpose, even with factory loads.

DC

·
Registered
378 Posts
ANDY/223FAN, Why are you talking to yourself, again?. Most of your advice needs a "Surgeon General Warning", is impractle, or downright stupid. Now I am a fairly tolerant individual, but please engage brain before typing, and You might get better responses.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>, I've said MANY times that the belt gun is NOT part of the Bob gear. the Star 9mm is. In EITHER case, 356 OR 460,<font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>, a mere barrel swap lets you shoot the common rd. That is, 9x19 in the Star, 45 ACP in the Rowland.

Also, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>, I aint STUPID enough to "think" that I am going to SURVIVE being stupid enough to leave my rifle laying around, and try to make a pistol SUFFICE when everyone has an auto rifle. Post shtf, if I have to fire more than 2-3 rds of centerfire pistol ammo, , more than 3-4 times, I aint gonna make it, and neither are YOU. I say that as a proven world class pistol competitor, 3x the man you are.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Attn. .45 Colt

i know a man who swears by the hot/heavy/hot 147gr. 9mm

he was a leo during the rodney king riots in l.a.

and told me right in his reloading room, as to the knock-down effect on

rioting maurders[blacks,police your brass,coroner toe-tag "death due to riot"]

no questions asked.

he said it flat hammered them with soild hits!

i for one , am glad he is a 'zonie' now, hell, he gave me a 2qt. zip-loc half full of 9mm black -talon before i had to go to my next job!

i'll share one more he told!

a fire truck was taking sniper fire from the 3rd or 4th[i can't recall] story of an apartment building,different windows, so he hauls out the m-16 and rakes every patio/windowfrom back to front to back again on full auto, the effects were amazing[in his own words] as the entire block fell right in line after that!

thanks. p.s. he was one cool dude in my veiw!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
why don't you hold a skin in front of you,let me trip off a 2200 fps, 55 gr 9mm bullet at it. you will be completely safe. It's just STUPID to bother with trying to get real power out of a belt 9mm. Why limt yourself to a 9, when you can have a 460 in a belt gun? Why settle for 600 ft lbs, when you can have 800 ft lbs?

The whole IDEA of the 9, <font color=red></font><font color=red></font><font color=red></font><font color=red></font><font color=red>*</font>,is that it's the most power you can CONTROL in a pocket gun. In a BELT gun, you can do much better, powerwise. In fact, the 70 gr, 2300 fps 460 load has no more recoil than 147 grs at 1300 fps, which is your pathetic little 9mm load (550 ft lbs) My 460 load has 800 ft lbs, is AP, offers 3 separate wound tracks per hit ,and also offers the temporary cavity's ability to damage fragile chest organs not actually touched by the bullet or the segments of the bullet. You are 20 years+ behind the curve, dude. 150 gr 357's, at 1300 fps, did NOTHING special, so such 9mm loads will do NOTHING special,either.
you really like those stupid childish challenges. Are you a grade school kid? If you want people to take you seriously, you really need to grow up. You continually sound like a juvenile. Why would anyone take a single thing you post seriously? You don't do yourself any favors with these posts. Any knowledge or whatever you think passes for wisdom, is lost in the noise you generate with silly statements.

You also like to make up for a lack of skill with specialized ammo - it shows.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
You know back in the day at the times I worked at the UofA and we had a shared computer in the break room.
A couple other guys in the night crew with me would see his stuff and wonder if he wasn't some 13yo posting from his mommy's basement or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts