Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m thinking about getting a .445 Super mag barrel for my G2 Contender . I`m wanting to use it deer hunting. In my state you are limited to straight wall ammo in handguns. I`d like some feedback. Also need reloading data for .445 super Magnum. Thanks and Happy Turkey Day.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
well,.45SUPER! ithink it would be a great thing for you to have,if it's what YOU
want, myself, would prefer a 45-70 in the contender barrel[i got a buddy with [1] on his]

my post was not much help ...other than positive reinforcement, for you!

:wavey:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
why bother? Handgun hunting is SUPPOSED to be about a man being enough better than other men to be able to use his SIDEARM to accomplish what they need a rifle to do. 445 aint no sidearm, so what it is is an ABORTION, for use by those who can't get the job done with a true sidearm.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
ABORTION.... :shrugs: .... DAVIS, YOU SHOULD,I MEAN REALLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN A BLOW-JOB, INSTEAD OF A FUCK ....FOR YOUR ....daddie

·
Registered
285 Posts
This will take you to the page that links to Accurate Atms PDF page for the 445 supermag. http://www.accuratepowder.com/loaddata_caliber_handgun_standard_44cal.html

I'd go right to the Hornady 265FP or 300gr XTP

Figure the 445 can throw a 300gr bullet 300fps faster than a 44 magnum, but 400fps slower than a 444Marlin, you might look at that barrel for your G2 instead, you can also get some slick 444 leverguns.

300gr bullet
44 1200fps
445 1500fps
444 1900fps

Handgun hunting is still about taking the game in a humane and ethical manner, you aren't having to kill for survival so the moral thing to do is use enough gun to bring the game down as humanly as possible Andy. You don't understand morals and ethics though.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
thanx PIE, for putting the guy[.45super] on the RIGHT PATH!

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Hey dipstick, existence hunting is not a game. You use the best possible option to guarantee that you are going to feed yourself and your family that day. Energy wasted, is a wasted. Energy used stalking, could be used more productively in skinning the animal. Live the reality, not your stupid fantasy!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts