Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they were having a "ground defense" war game, had the generators going, lifers all over the site, and nobody heard a thing. I had a couple of cans of 7 up, in each of my parka pockets. I saw the hen pheasant twitch a bit, as my dog passed her, on a 6 ft long leash. Because of the fastened, very long parka, I had my 1911 in my hand, cocked and locked, in the pocket. I'd brought the pop up for some friends, but had not yet seen them to deliver it. It couldnt be just left anywhere, because the Korean soldiers would probably steal it. I yanked Duke back and clear with my left hand, pulled out the 1911 and fired with my right hand. She flopped a bit, Duke pinned her, and I retrieved the dead bird. Later, we "fondued" her, in vegetable oil, on a hot plate, in the barracks, and that bird was every bit as tough as a radial tire tread. Couldn't chew the sob at all. I later found out that shooting a pheasant in Korea was a 5 year jail term, for Koreans at least. :)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I think tuna has more credibility Gunkid... Face it, you never shot a bird in Korea and you didn't take martial arts there either. Give it up.

Mike

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Just where in Korea were you?

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
What exactly is it going to take for me to get the message across that the personal sniping and derogatory nature of a lot of posting is going to end on this site?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Rich Z said:
What exactly is it going to take for me to get the message across that the personal sniping and derogatory nature of a lot of posting is going to end on this site?

Well,you said that it'd be o.k. in the pissing match forum.Why not just move the thread there?Wouldn't that be easier than deleting posts?

From what I've observed the only "sniping" that goes on is between Andy/223 & some of the balance of the board.There was a suggestion made in the past to give Andy/223 his own forum.A la GBullet...

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
nice shootin' you done there, ANDY!

B.T.W how did you account for that missing round when you turned in your side arm/mags. Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........?

in the marines the blacks from the innercites would pack their little chrome.25 auto 'jammies' with them out in the field on some training manuvers

we,[the white guys] would simply buy a box of federal/remington .45acp off base and load [1] spare mag for our issue sidearms and always have it handy!

[at least the co. jeep driver and me, did!]

i was stationed where deadly force was autherized[sp] about 18 months[nukes]

there were guys getting into pretty hot water for shooting their weapons
on duty, and coming up 'short' on the round count![we would quick draw/chamber one handed, [1] gaurd shot the clock at the submarine/barge dock post, ha,ha, just killin' time we joked]

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
41mag said:
Well,you said that it'd be o.k. in the pissing match forum.Why not just move the thread there?Wouldn't that be easier than deleting posts?

From what I've observed the only "sniping" that goes on is between Andy/223 & some of the balance of the board.There was a suggestion made in the past to give Andy/223 his own forum.A la GBullet...
Because I see no reason having a site where ALL of the threads get moved into a Pissing Duel forum. And please don't blame this all on andy/223 fan/gunkid. Nobody is twisting anyone's arms to jump into the fray with their own derogatory posting. All of you who do such a thing are just as much to blame as he is.

Andy, along with everyone else, was offered their own forum if they wanted it. I am NOT going to force that upon someone. I would much rather see a higher maturity level displayed here by all of the participants..... Or is that just far too much of me to ask?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts