Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and Ron Bright saw me keeping the hits in the C zone, with half of them in the A zone, from Surrender, with a speed rig in 1978. They had real trouble doing the same at 10 yds, because of their Western Fast draw practice, causing them to yank their triggers. :) I was never able to do much at 50 yds under match pressure, tho. Usually 1-2 of five shots missed the target, and the rest would typically be poor hits. Could never make myself practice being stupid, just standing there with a pistol, at such a range. I later learned to fall backwards, into the fetal position and aim at the shoulder at such a range, but that was just a match tactic. If it was for blood, I'd not waste my time and ammo beyond 25 m. I'd move laterally to cover, or dodge as I ran from the field, if against pistols. If against rifles, it's a tossup. Probably go fetal tho, cause that's what I practiced most at such ranges.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
So what did you do last week? last month? Last year? Tell us about 1978,1979,1980,1981,etc?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"I was never able to do much at 50 yds under match pressure,"

At last! A statement we can believe.

·
Registered
549 Posts
My par time draw to the far plate in the Steel Challenge course "Outer Limits" is 1.2 seconds. You need to pick up some speed andy, and stop missing, if you ever want to be competitive.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe YOU 'think" that beyond 25m is a lot of match stuff, but you are *** about that.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no interest. Big waste of time and money. The place to work on is inside 10 ft, and most of that inside 6 ft, and a lot of it at arm's length. ********* matches. With a real carry gun and no earplugs, you'll empty the mag at 50 yds and never TOUCH the guy, if he's shooting at you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts