Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
path thru the fragile chest organs, just like 223 sp does. Anyone who "thinks" a knife is superior is a VERY ignornant clown.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Show me a post where anyone has said a knife is superior to a handgun.

More andy babble.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
A proper knife, used by someone that knows what they are doing can do an amazing amount of damage in just a second, to the point where you cannot be saved by any medical attention whatsoever.

you can destroy an amazing amount of organs, major and minor blood vessels. Unlike a gun that can run out of bullets, the knife remains deadly until the user is killed or the knife is taken away.

Only a fool doesn't respect a blade.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
different tools, different jobs. Can bring a knife a lot of places where guns mean jailtime.

knives might not equal a superload, but they can be nasty, almost as fast from mugging distance:

http://www.demibarbito.com/weps.MPG

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
plenty of bozos "think" a knife can handle the pistol's job, and they are simply ignorant. If you know much about the knife, you realize that it's a sneak's "weapon". If you can't grab a guy from behind, and stick him in the kidney, you can expect to shed a lot of blood if all you have is a knife for defense. All it will take for a guy to outclass you is to grab the nearest chair, pair of pool balls, etc. Yeah, you can bluff some UNARMED clowns with a knife, but jumpiing up and kicking the ceiling will do that much, so why bother with the knife, hmm? It's a beef to use a weapon against an unarmed man, and you shouldn't need to do so, anyways.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
plenty of bozos "think" a knife can handle the pistol's job, and they are simply ignorant. If you know much about the knife, you realize that it's a sneak's "weapon". If you can't grab a guy from behind, and stick him in the kidney, you can expect to shed a lot of blood if all you have is a knife for defense. All it will take for a guy to outclass you is to grab the nearest chair, pair of pool balls, etc. Yeah, you can bluff some UNARMED clowns with a knife, but jumpiing up and kicking the ceiling will do that much, so why bother with the knife, hmm? It's a beef to use a weapon against an unarmed man, and you shouldn't need to do so, anyways.
As a blackbelt (according to you), you should know better than that. A sneak's weapon? Maybe to someone like you that doesn't seem to understand edged weapon techniques. (You must have missed that portion of your training - huh?)

If you don't know how to use an edged weapon against someone who has picked up a chair, or other weapon, TBSS STBY.

(You do have another hand, two legs, and your head - or maybe there's a few other classes you missed while earning your black belt)

Jumping up and kicking the ceiling is a surefire way to have your ass handed to you. Only a fool would be doing high-kicks in a combat situation. (or is this more of that yellow belt stuff that you think looks so cool?)

The ONLY claim about a knife doing a pistol's job is in YOUR post, You're creating an argument that doesn't exist, other than in your mind.

I don't always have a pistol on me - usually because of legality, but I always have at least one knife. The only exception is when traveling by air. Then the knife is in checked luggage, but comes out as soon as the bag comes off the conveyor.

As far as using a knife against an unarmed opponent being a "beef", it depends or whether or not a disparity of force can be demonstrated, either in your favor or against.

You don't even need a particularly big knife, 1/4" of blade is sufficient to sever most of the important veins and arteries.

Jugular, femoral, radial, etc.

Not to mention the trachea, and most of the important tendons and muscle groups. (having flexors cut can really fvck up your day)

Longer blades allow for defending the hand holding the weapon, as they give you a larger slashing surface to ward off attacks and inflict damage at the same time.

Most of the movements will be slashing types, we trained for using a "Z" sweep, figure 8 or circular movements, punctuated with stabs at specific targets. (usually out of Earth blade, sometimes using Sky)

Generally, the slashes are enough to decapacitate and kill, the stabs are "gravy".

I'd be asking for the money spent on your black belt back...

(most of the above was cut from another post I made, but was edited to fit this context. Since I am supposedly on ignore, it is doubtful that Andy/223Fan/Erika/Gun Kid will see this, but others will - hopefully it is helpful.)

:devil:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
erika/gunkid, you read this in which gun magazine? We would like to ensure that you got the facts straight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts