Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

5" 9MM gets 160 gr lrn over 1000 fps.

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Garand 
#1 ·
no problem. 4.5-4.7 grs of Unique. With care,using the Lee many-grooved lrn,Lee liquid lube, and AA powder,you can get it up to 1100 fps,too. so you can do most of your practicing with 9mm ball, use the heavy bullet 9mm loads, and have SAME recoil as .40 Short and weak, without the pointless extra expense of .40 gun, components, etc. :)

#2 ·
andy said:
no problem. 4.5-4.7 grs of Unique. With care,using the Lee many-grooved lrn,Lee liquid lube, and AA powder,you can get it up to 1100 fps,too. so you can do most of your practicing with 9mm ball, use the heavy bullet 9mm loads, and have SAME recoil as .40 Short and weak, without the pointless extra expense of .40 gun, components, etc. :)
But I thought it was pointless to reload for a 9mm?

...and you are forgetting about the increase in frontal area from a 9mm to a 100 projectile. You can't reproduce THAT in a 9mm.

KJ

#3 ·
To be honest I'm not much of a .40S&W fan myself either.

If it's that diameter for me it's a 10mm case and loaded like it should be by myself.

You do got me thinking of some heavy 9mm bullets though not 160's I got some 147gr JHP's and maybe some FMJ's left over from an old subsonic load project. I might see what I can get them up to instead of down.

#5 ·
I'm sure if the balloon ever went up, I'd load ammo that would be good in an IPSC match. :headbang:

#7 ·
andy said:
if the ballon goes up, the only realistic use a dip like you would have for ANY gun would beto put it in your mouth and pull the trigger.
Do you like having your posts editted or something? :)

#9 ·
what I meant, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>, is that it AINT worth doing, for practice ammo. Just because YOUR time is worthless doesn't mean that such is generally the case for most people.

#10 ·
Maybe I just have spare time now because I didn't lose a couple of years while in jail. :)

#11 ·
what u've lost, there's no getting back. it ALL comes off of your life span, more importantly, it comes off of time you COULD be spending on hand to hand, dryfire, draw practice, wax shooting, .22 unit practice, etc. That's why you're just a D class plinker, and I'm still an A class competitor., :)

#13 ·
andy said:
what u've lost, there's no getting back. it ALL comes off of your life span, more importantly, it comes off of time you COULD be spending on hand to hand, dryfire, draw practice, wax shooting, .22 unit practice, etc. That's why you're just a D class plinker, and I'm still an A class competitor., :)
Why would YOU, of all people spout this? What you have lost (not U've) you can't get back" Half your life, I have the file in front of me, Public Information, say's you lost that. And now your going to preach to people about wasted life? Your no class A shooter, and never were.

#14 ·
andy said:
At least I'm "wasting" it doing something of MY choice that I enjoy doing.

#15 ·
It must be sad to waste half your life, I'm glad I didn't! Then he has to accept responsibility for his own actions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.