Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
timed from when you shoot the 10m one, in a line, as if you'd enfiladed them, from ambush, is a 1.5 second deal, from standing. From bipod, you can double the ranges and still beat 2.0 seconds. 5 seconds is all effing DAY in a fight. What matters is what you can do before the enemy can take effective counter-measures. If your first shot has no blast, comes as a surprise,and especially if cover is more than 20 ft away, you are somewhat above them, etc, they are unlikely to be able to do a damned thing to save themselves, in less than 2 seconds. If they are green, have safeties engaged on AK's, have their longarms slung over their shoulders, are exhausted, sick, depressed, etc, you could easily have 3 seconds before they did anything but drop to prone. If you've set it up properly, doing so won't offer them much, if any cover from your fire. So you might get a bullet into as many as 8 of them, especially if you have a suppressor and a subsonic load, before they can do jack crap about it, if you are really good and have a properly controlable gun and load.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
And tell me O great tactician and combat leader, how exactly do you set up an ambush? I've set more of them up than years you have been alive.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
He just doesn't get it about why his "tactics" won't work against people trained in how to deal with a near ambush (basically anyone who's been an infantryman).

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Gunkid/erika, I await your reply with grear anticipation.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
SatCong said:
Terry,
At least it would'nt take long for the main body of andy's patrol to get between the c'-mores...
SatCong
I would really love to watch john-boy set up a claymore. I am, like Garand, anxiously waiting for his description of his setting up an ambush. He is probably furiuously looking for resources to come up with a "textbook" answer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
His drill for breaking contact, once he realizes what a sh^t storm he has unleashed, should prove amusing, as well. Finding the rally point is always easier if your force consists of "one". All this to say, if the flankers have not quietly found and disappeared him (unlikely) first.
SatCong

·
Registered
160 Posts
Lets see, targets at 10 to 50 meters range they are all 20+ feet away from cover, but gk has cover.

Okaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sorry tardo, I've survived more ambushes than you've sprung.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts