Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are POOR ones, so 100,000 rds fired per GOOD hit, and you "think" wt and bulk of rifle ammo doesn't MEAN anything. I got news for you. The ability to reach more than 400m is what doesn't mean anything. Not to the rifleman in the field. It never has meant anything, ever, because dodging cover using men are hit only by pure ACCIDENT at such ranges, by any body, using ANY rifle, sight system, caliber or firing position, even with ear protection and not yet being shot at, in good light. At night, or with the dust and smoke of battle, it's luck beyond 200m to get such hits. Luck is less than 50% success. Hit or miss is the SAME "two possible outcomes" as is a coin toss. Diff is we KNOW a coin toss is luck, and bozos WISH that such was not the case with shooting

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
ANother dumb post. If I couldn't hit a standing enemy with an M-16 at 400 METERS, not yards, I would throw my expert rifleman's badge over the fence at the White House. I'm better with an M-14.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Funny, our hit and kill rate is far below that 50,000 count.

Pretty much everyone on the crew gets 2 kills every 30 days and we sure as hell aren't budgeting 100,000rds per man every 30 days and that includes practice. plus feeding those hungry Haji supressing beltfeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts