Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sheesh, put even a 28" barrel on a 223, and it will get the 90 and 100 gr bullets to 2800 fps, and they have the SAME BC as the match .50 bullets. THAT'S why they are able to do well at 1000 yd matches, even at a "mere" 2600 fps muzzle velocity.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
A 50cal with a 38 inch barrel can hit much farther than 1000 yards. Apples and oranges.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
It's also throwing a 750-grain bullet.
Big difference.
Next he's going to tell us a gopher popper can do eveerything a .50 can do.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
UGH, where do I begin...

1. My Barrett has a 29 inch barrel and gets 2900 fps with match ammo.
2. The BC for the 750 grain AMAX bullet is around 1.01 (pretty much the highest BC of any small arm projectile out there)
3. My McMillan with the 36 inch barrel gets 2950 with match ammo (different powder load.
4. There is no way in hell that ANY .223 projectile will ever have as high a BC as a .50 match projectile.
5. You don't know anything about .50 caliber rifles or shooting as shown by the post you put above.

This is the quote of the year for you...

"...put even a 28" barrel on a 223, and it will get the 90 and 100 gr bullets to 2800 fps, and they have the SAME BC as the match .50 bullets."

Sorry, that just isn't true.

Mike

·
Registered
228 Posts
****....EVERYBODY KNOWS that a CAR15 with a suppressor is just as effective a .50 BMG...in the mind of a tweakin EDP

:rolleyes: :nyah: :madeuce:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Will you guys said all there is to say about that.

I was gonna try and answer him back last night but was too busy rolling on the floor laughing.

Now if only IFVs were the size of ground hogs the .223 would do fine. :dgrin:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Yes, its true, an AR type platform can beat many of the big fifties for accuracy... within 1000m.

But not for power, at any range.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Coyote said:
Yes, its true, an AR type platform can beat many of the big fifties for accuracy... within 1000m.
MAYBE

Let's start talking about a mile and a half. . .

. . .then we can move out to where the .50s really shine. :madeuce:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Screw that...I carry a pair of snubnosed S&W .500 loaded with custom splitnose, blended metal bullets. They do 50000 fps and fragment while flying down range, due to air friction, so they impact like little shotgun shells.

Just last week I was out shooting homeless people [for the meat, of course], kidnapping underaged girls and dragging them back to my combat winnebago and I've actually replaced my CAR15 with a can with this brace of snubnosed S&W .500.

Of course, I still keep my CAR15 with a can close at hand, but for day to day carry around the aslyum, the .500 Smiths are the shiznit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts