Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

50 miles, off road, at most

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  azratt 
#1 ·
on a motorcycle would have gotten you onto back roads, out of the traffic jams of katrina and the other hurricane. then you could have been averaging 60 mph for 7 hours, to make up for the 17 mph average off road. 500 miles GONE, in 10 hours. If you had the sense to have $500 cash, a bike, a wirecutter, and some spare gas, the situation would be a joke for you. Hell, after riding the bike 100 miles, you could buy an old car, get on a bus or plane, hitch a ride, or just rent a motel room by the week, camp out, etc, and wait it out, or permanently move to a better part of the country. People get all bent out of shape over what doesn't amount to a crap, because they put all their money in non -mobile stuff, in high risk regions. CAn you say:"Duh?".

#2 ·
You almost make sense in this post. Problem is that you are so confrontational that people will dismiss it. Don't you know that ignoring your opponents strengths will get you killed? Bad, bad andy.

RIKA

#3 ·
i catch you on a motor bike cutting my fences, and the only place you'll be staying for a couple of weeks is the county jail. :cool:

#4 ·
andy said:
on a motorcycle would have gotten you onto back roads, out of the traffic jams of katrina and the other hurricane. then you could have been averaging 60 mph for 7 hours, to make up for the 17 mph average off road. 500 miles GONE, in 10 hours. If you had the sense to have $500 cash, a bike, a wirecutter, and some spare gas, the situation would be a joke for you. Hell, after riding the bike 100 miles, you could buy an old car, get on a bus or plane, hitch a ride, or just rent a motel room by the week, camp out, etc, and wait it out, or permanently move to a better part of the country. People get all bent out of shape over what doesn't amount to a crap, because they put all their money in non -mobile stuff, in high risk regions. CAn you say:"Duh?".

Good post!

While the motorcycle probably shouldn't be the first option, its a damn good fallback.

#6 ·
i have a 250 yamaha puke :cool:

#8 ·
even here in kalifourna, trying to much cross country is a fools trip.

pending on were in the state you are, we have large streams (very hard to fourd) up to rivers no way with out a boat.
hills we got your hills, no way to your bike get up them, way too steep,
valleys we got your valleys, deep too.

do you like poisen oak? you better if you go out in the woods.

sure in the sorthern part of the state we call it the state of (LA) as in los angles. sure open desert out there....just do not get hurt or lost with out lots of water. ( but see above under hills. and valleys )

and some were there just might even be a fence. ok to fence in here in the US but not ok to put a fence on the boarder at mexico :madeuce:

#9 ·
Well a fool started the thread, what do you expect?? Gunkid is currently a guest of the federal government and his projected release date is October 2010.

#10 ·
He'll probably claim that it was all part of his "master plan" to move down to N.O. after SHTF. After all he's a good deal more South than Colorado and closer to the Big Muddy.

But his mobility is a bit impaired at the moment. :dgrin: :grabbit:

#11 ·
damn, I kinda miss the "GUNCLOD"/OL' boyMISTER #160![highway #160 RUNS through 'tuba-city' straight up to his EX-backyard!!!]

#12 ·
Oh, I'm sure we will here from him again. Then he can tell us again how wrong we are and how much he learned while living with the brain dead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.