10,279 Posts
NO vote submitted.

77% NO
23% yes

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
How about a "I don't care because they can be bought from non-US companies" vote.

By voting no,on this pole,you are just saying that the people from Budda Budda have to by their .50s from FN or Steyr instead of Barrett,Armalite,Serbu, or any other US source.How much business do the domestic .50 cal manufacturers stand to lose in international civilian sales?

Kinda like the Canadians can buy M-14 clones from China & we're stuck w/Springfields & Fulton Armories.

ps.I'm still waiting for a one mile shot to bring down an airliner...

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I had remembered to capture that quote where some brainless talking head said that someone with a .50BMG rifle could hit ANY PERSON within a 5 mile radius if they were situated at the top of the Washington monument. They definitely needed to make a withdrawal from the brain bank.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Does anyone else think that if in fact an aircraft IS shot down or damaged by a small arm(s), its likely to be "politically correct" weapons involved?

I seriously doubt that an aircraft fuselage would stop an '06, and an attacker would certainly be able to fire it faster.

The only thing that makes a .50 special is that a not-so-sheepish citizen could threaten an APC. And we know how much Alphabet Soup loves to use their APCs.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't help but wonder why there hasn't been a class action suit filed against the US government based on the INTENT of the 2nd Amendment and the dividing line that has been drawn between the types of weapons the government can have and it's citizens can have. How many people have been "harmed" by an infringed constitutional right from such laws? Why is there no legal challenge filed against the anti-gun forces for conspiracy to deprive US of a constitutional right?

How come there is so much money around for the anti-gun forces to file all of those frivolous lawsuits against the gun industry yet the pro-gun side can only struggle to fight a draining defensive posture? Anyone will tell you that simply fighting a defensive war will lead you to defeat eventually. Either by incrementally disarming "compromises" or by it only requiring ONE major win by the other side to render moot all of the rest of the defensive "wins". It's like someone throwing poison darts at you day in and day out. Only ONE has to hit, and how long can you keep up the dodging and blocking?

I just don't understand............

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Coyote said:
I seriously doubt that an aircraft fuselage would stop an '06, and an attacker would certainly be able to fire it faster.
The outer skin of an aircraft isn't much thicker than aluminum foil. You can walk right up to one and stick a screwdriver through it. It really doesn't take much.

Problem is, liberal cocksuckers make up their own shit. First some billionaire Jew producer makes some outlandish film, then the liberal jackass media parades it around like a real possibility, then the liberal legislature that doesn't have the sense God gave a goose, makes a law banning the fantasy threat.

But you're also right on the APC thing. The only government that tries to disarm its populace is one that's afraid of its populace. The only government that is afraid of its populace is one that INTENDS to oppress its populace and doesn't want them to be able to effectively fight back.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The government is worried about .50's... THAT I find amusing. It is also very telling that they really have no clue as to what is really out there in the hands of the population... legally.

I concur with Magnums comment on the intention and disposition of the Government. They know that as long as we are armed as well as we are, they cannot be successful in any oppressive attempts. What they don't realize is that there is a definite line in the sand that if they cross it, they will unleash something that they cannot control and something that this nation needs to avoid at all costs. Sadly, the government is the one that will set things in motion because they are obviously blind as a bat when it comes to how the nation really is.

If they were smart, they'd stop the BS with the gun laws, repeal all that shit and recognize the 2nd Amendment as the Founding Fathers intended. It would strengthen the nation greatly and it would bring the Government and the people together for a common cause. This "us vs. them" crap that LE and federal agencies has created over the past decades is hurting the fabric of the US.

Mike

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I try to be pretty logical and even handed about things. Even stuff like the New World Order does make sense, if it is done the "right" way. But so far, no one has ever presented to me a logically consistent argument of why life in general would be better if everyone is disarmed except the government. That argument operates under the premise that the government would have to be completely benign, honest, and 100 percent looking out for our best interests. NEVER has history shown that to be the case. NEVER have I seen even a shred of evidence that our government, nor a WORLD government, would be the exception to historical worldwide evidence.

In any discussion with an anti-gunner about this topic, it normally devolves into the stance that the government should take away the guns by force, if necessary. Of course, that begs the question of just HOW the government is going to do that without the use of firearms themselves. And if they need to use firearms in this supposedly "good" utilization in order to preemptively end whatever "bad" things that guns in the hands of the populace will precipitate, doesn't that prove that guns are necessary to enforce the legal will of someone over someone else? Well suppose the shoe is on the other foot? Suppose the government becomes completely rogue and creates laws that in effect endeavor to enslave us all? What then? Exactly what is it that would encourage our government to cease and desist from taking that path? Voting? Protests? Letters to our "representatives"?

As in all things of this nature, hope for the best, but assume the worst. Then, without going overboard about it, prepare to be able to prevent the worst. Being a pessimist really means that most of your surprises will be pleasant ones. Optimists are nearly always disappointed by what they don't expect.

Personally I strongly believe that an adequately armed population is the best, if not the ONLY, bet in keeping a government honest. Otherwise they ALL become foxes overseeing the hen house once they are handed the keys.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
rich you need to get some of your 1/2" shooter freinds together, find a kid just out of law school and see if you can start a class action suite as you stated. you don't need to wait for someone else. me i don't have the money to do such. :cool:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Rich, you make some good points, but please keep in mind that the SCOTUS has lately been tailoring some of their decisions to mesh with international law. I dont have the specifics, but I could probably look them up.

They can ban guns, but enforcing it is, well, just a little problematic, to say the least!

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, I know a pro-gun attorney who would help, but he said realistically, he would need a retainer of $50K to even start it. And there are NO guarantees....

It doesn't sound like it would cost too much per person to get 1,000 people to pony up $50 does it? But we are splintered and disorganized, so it will likely never happen. Maybe a bigger site with more traffic could do it, but it certainly cannot happen here with the small amount of participation this site gets.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'd do it. its money well spent. Beats the hell out of giving it to the NRA, who will only use my money to mail out more $$$ solicitations.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'll throw in a few hundred or even a grand to get started... Hell, let me get through the wife's pregnancy and get the kid settled in and I'll see if I can do better than that even.

Mike

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As I said, this site just does not have the traffic to start the ball rolling on something like this. Merely 50 members logging in per day is nowhere near what it would take. Heck we only have just over 700 registered members ALL TOTAL, and most don't show up here. Probably a good percentage of those are duplicate logons of someone else as well.

No, sorry, but we just don't have the weight here.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
go make the same pitch on AR-15.com, Glock talk,

and KEEP making it. Use an anonymizer program, sign onto each site with a dozen names, and keep hitting BTTT or BUMP and keep the idea at the top of the heap. Personally, I don't think anyone is going to do anything, short of Big brother actually COMING for the autorifles. THEN we'll SEE just how well the economy can stand up to some random Jim Thompson type stuff. :) I bet none of you can even find OUT who he was. :)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
andy said:
THEN we'll SEE just how well the economy can stand up to some random Jim Thompson type stuff. :) I bet none of you can even find OUT who he was. :)
Jim Thompson the writer? Killer Inside Me, etc?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Rich

JD made a point. A halfassed point, but an unintentionally helpful point that requires substantial modification.

No one says this has to be dont by those HERE. Spread it around. I'm sure you are familiar enough with people here to know that if Person X pledges Y amount of fiat dollars, Person X will come through. Other admins on other boards can probably say the same.

If you know some other admins, maybe consider putting out some "feelers".

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, but no, I don't know other admins in this field. This site was an out on the limb thing for me to do, just because I happen to like talking about guns.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts