Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1100 fps. Mean, yes. Impossible to handle, on 10" at 10 ft, by a world class pistolero, no. :) It doesn't even take much practice with the 9mm lw Commander to maintain THAT much skill. See, a slowfire dummy who HOPES that the shooting will be at a distance doesn't mean that the odds change. 90% of the time, you never have to hit anybody. 90% +of the time when you DO have to hit, it will be at l0 ft or less. 99% of the time, real speed, and real power, inside 10 ft is it. 99.9% of the time, real speed, and real power, inside 20 ft, is where it's at. 99.99% of the time, real speed, and real power, inside 10m, is where it's at. With a hand on the pocket star, I can lay so much shock and destruction on you, in 2 seconds, including reaction-time, you can't fucking believe it. 7 hits x 3 wound tracks each, 4000 ft lbs, like a pair of blasts of buckshot. Yes, I "think" that will suffice. :)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
just for shits and giggles, according to that, wouldn't the recoil of sending a one pound projectile 17fps be the same?

or is my drunk math FUBAR'd? :D

doesn't momentum... the resistance of an object to a change in direction... have anything to do with it? i.e. a heavier projectile will result in a bigger, slower OOMPH to get the thing movin so the kinetic energies equal? Hell, i DONT KNOW that's why I'm asking.

cheers

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
55 grs at 2200 fps-SAME recoil as 120 grs, 1100 fps. Mean, yes. Impossible to handle,. . . by a world class pistolero, no
Nope, not impossible to hande, not even "mean". Such recoil is nothing much. Certainly don't have to be a "world-class pistolero" (which you AREN'T) to handle it (which is why you can probably handle it).

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
1100 fps. Mean, yes. Impossible to handle, on 10" at 10 ft, by a world class pistolero, no. :) It doesn't even take much practice with the 9mm lw Commander to maintain THAT much skill. See, a slowfire dummy who HOPES that the shooting will be at a distance doesn't mean that the odds change. 90% of the time, you never have to hit anybody. 90% +of the time when you DO have to hit, it will be at l0 ft or less. 99% of the time, real speed, and real power, inside 10 ft is it. 99.9% of the time, real speed, and real power, inside 20 ft, is where it's at. 99.99% of the time, real speed, and real power, inside 10m, is where it's at. With a hand on the pocket star, I can lay so much shock and destruction on you, in 2 seconds, including reaction-time, you can't fucking believe it. 7 hits x 3 wound tracks each, 4000 ft lbs, like a pair of blasts of buckshot. Yes, I "think" that will suffice. :)

Aside from the typically bad math and the routine, egotistical ravings of a continuously slowing, arthritic old man. You load a Star BM like that, for real and not in your head, and it is just a matter of time before it comes apart.

In other words, you'd better put some tobasco sauce on that slide so it tastes a bit better when you eat it.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is a difference in getting a heavier bullet going, but it's WORSE. I just stated a worse case scenario. The 356 is a LOT more controlable than the same size and wt .38 snub, using plus P 158 gr lhp's, and that can be proven, on a shooting timer and the target. .20 sec splits are still attainable with it, and .25 sec splits, on 10" at 10 ft, is demonstrable ANY time. Just because some pussy thinks that's tough doesn't mean that it is. He's is just no shottist, that's all.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theres NOTHING wrong with my math, and just because YOU can't really deliver such performance doesn't mean that I have to practice a lot with such loads in order to do so. Just because YOU are stupid about the ranges at which shit goes down doesn't change anything either. Nobody has to practice a lot with such loads, and you don't know jack shit about how much it "stresses" a gun. THAT'S what's in YOUR head, not reality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts