Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info/opinions/expirience with the new 6.8 SPC Rounds. Particularly when used in an AR platform, but in general is fine too?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
420 Posts
Me too.

I too would like to see some personal experiences with this or the 6.5 Grendel. The data looks good to finnally have a true intermediate round that's controlable and light as well as powerful and accurate at range. I don't see it becoming "avalible" anytime soon though.

Didn't really say anything new but that's my $.02.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Anyone successfully harvested "big" game in the 100-200 yard range with it yet?
KJ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone successfully harvested "big" game in the 100-200 yard range with it yet?
KJ
My 6.8SPC is a bit heavy to carry around in the field, and here in Kansas we are limited to a gun that can hold no more than 5 rounds. BUT, realistically speaking, the 6.8 should be fine for anything you would normally hunt with a .270 Win. I am sure it would kill anything we have running around in Kansas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Mini 14 Ranch rifle in 6.8SPC and have taken two mule deer with it. One was standing at 285yrds and the other at 75yrds. using factory silver state armory ammo, with 110 grain Sierra ProHunter bullets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's shoots flat like the 5.56 with the stopping power of the 7.62x39mm. The 6.8spc is kind of the best both.

·
Registered
19 Posts
about the same as 5.56. I don't remember what it weights, but it's compact and easy to carry all day long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts